If you have never tried coconut shrimp you are really missing out. Deep fried shrimp that is battered with coconut makes a delightful tropical flavor you do not want to miss.
Joes Crab Shack Coconut Shrimp
Joes Crab Shack Coconut Shrimp – this is a refreshing way to prepare shrimp, don’t miss this recipe for a wonderful tropical flavor.
- 1 pound shrimp Make Joes Crab Shack Coconut Shrimp at home with our recipe.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 7 ounces Flaked Coconut small flake if possible
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- Mix eggs and water. Set aside. Place 1/3 cup of cornstarch in a bowl for a dusting of shrimp. Mix in separate bowl 1/3 cup (the remainder) of cornstarch, coconut, sugar, salt, and flour, blend well.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Roll shrimp in cornstarch, then in egg wash, then finally roll in coconut mixture. Place shrimp in hot oil and deep fry until done. Shrimp will float to the top when cooked.
- Take care not to overcook shrimp. Serve with Joe's Crab Shack Pineapple dipping sauce.