Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi is a terrific, buttery shrimp dish that you won’t want to miss. You can make this recipe at home anytime.
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi used to prepare this recipe from scratch. They now use a mix to make this tasty dish.
Shrimp is cooked in a buttery sauce that is infused with garlic. You may want to serve this shrimp up with some pasta and a salad to make a complete meal.
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi is so easy to put together. It isn’t hard to prepare this famous Red Lobster menu item at home.
Table of Contents
Shrimp Scampi – the Perfect Easy Dinner!
What I love about this dish is that you can put it together so quickly and simply pop it into the oven. I sometimes buy a package of frozen shrimp and will set it in my refrigerator when I head out to work.
When I come home from work in the evening, it is thawed perfectly and then I can quickly assemble the shrimp scampi recipe for dinner.
I love to serve up individual serving dishes of food when I have company over.
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi Recipe Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Unsalted butter
- Dry white wine
- Shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- Italian bread crumbs
How to Make Shrimp Scampi
Shrimp scampi is very easy. When you saute the garlic in the butter, you really give the final dish a lot of flavor.
After the garlic becomes fragrant, you will add the wine. Turn off the burner, and then it’s time to make the buttery bread crumbs.
After the white wine garlic butter sauce is ready, it is time to place the shrimp in a baking dish and pour the sauce on top.
Then you will top all of this with buttery bread crumbs. Toss this all into the oven until the shrimp is done and you have dinner on the table.
Can’t use wine? No problem!
A lot of people ask me can they substitute out the wine in the recipe, I would honestly say you could try some clam broth. You can try to do this with chicken broth, but it won’t come out the same.
If you are wondering what type of wine to use, I would suggest a dry one like a Chardonnay. I wouldn’t spend a lot of money on the wine. A Gallo wine would work well.
If you don’t drink a lot of wine, I suggest you buy a bottle of Sherry and keep it around to use when you need wine for a recipe.
Is Shrimp Scampi Keto Friendly?
Shrimp Scampi can be Keto friendly. For this recipe, omit the breadcrumbs and you can make this recipe without the breadcrumbs.
So go ahead and try this hacked Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi recipe, and let me know what you think about it! I can’t wait to hear from you.
Love Red Lobster? Try these copycat recipes!
Favorite Shrimp Recipes
- Bang Bang Shrimp
- Battered Shrimp
- Chicken and Shrimp Carbonara
- Creole Shrimp and Grits
- Shrimp Alexander
- Shrimp Parmesan
- Shrimp Pasta with White Wine Sauce
- Shrimp Tempura Recipe
- Walnut Shrimp Recipe
Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled and de-veined
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter for bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan saute together the butter and the minced garlic until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add white wine to the saucepan and heat through.
- In a small bowl melt the butter in the microwave,
- Add breadcrumbs to the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Place shrimp in a baking dish, pour the garlic butter wine sauce over them, and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until shrimp is done. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. The shrimp is done when it has turned pink.