Bennigan’s Ale House Shrimp and Pasta was one of Bennigan’s unique menu items. Penne pasta is topped with a creamy sauce infused with just the right amount of ale. Don’t miss this recipe.
This pasta dish has a creamy sauce packed full of fresh mushrooms. Shrimp makes this pasta dish light. This dish is perfect for when you crave seafood and want to try something new. Ale adds a surprisingly rich touch to an ordinary pasta dish. This recipe contains everyday ingredients, so bringing back a flavor from the past won’t be difficult.
Shrimp pasta takes no time to prepare
This pasta dish takes no time at all to prepare. While the pasta cooks, you will make a white sauce, and saute the mushrooms. When the mushrooms are done, your pasta will be ready, and it will take moment to put together the sauce, and cook the shrimp.
If you don’t like shrimp, I think this recipe would work well with grilled chicken, but that is completely up to you!
Love Bennigan’s? Try these copycat Bennigan’s recipes.
Bennigans’ Paddy O’ Punch – you can make this anytime at home with our recipe.
Bennigan’s Hot Bacon Dressing – goes so well over fresh baby spinach and other greens.
Bennigan’s Monte Cristo Sandwich – make this famous sandwich at home.
Bennigan’s Ale House Shrimp and Pasta
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Irish brown ale
- 1 package of white sauce mix, whisked with 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pint cherry tomtatoes halved
- 1 1/2 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta as directed on package
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until lightly browned and soft. Add garlic; cook, stirring, 1 minute until fragrant. Add ale, white sauce mixture and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly until sauce thickens. Add shrimp; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 2 to 3 minutes until cooked through.
- Drain pasta and place in a large serving bowl. Add shrimp and sauce; toss to mix and coat. When serving, sprinkle with the scallions and cheese.