Enjoy our take on the Outback Steakhouse Queensland Chicken and Shrimp recipe at home. This chicken and shrimp dish in a cream-based sauce makes a most wonderful meal.
Outback Steakhouse is known for their steak, but they also do this delicious pasta dinner. Many thanks to Rick Mainhart for serving up this recipe. Team it up with some salad and some bread, and you will have a complete meal.
No one else combines the flavors of chicken, shrimp, and pasta like the Outback Steakhouse does. While this menu item may no longer be on the menu, you can still make this amazing dinner combination at home anytime you like.
Queensland is the Sunshine State
And, you thought it was Florida! However, in Australia Queensland is their Sunshine State which averages 261 sunny days each year. Here are a few more interesting facts about Queensland.
- Australia is BIG, and so is Queensland. It’s the second-largest state in the country and clocks in at two and a half times the size of Texas.
- The favorite sport of Queenslanders is Rugby League. Knowing something about the mighty Maroons (Canetoads) and their many wins over New South Wales (Cockroaches) will make you “fair dinkum” with the locals.
- Queensland is a backpacker’s delight with over 200 national parks.
- The Cape York Peninsula at the very tip of Queensland marks the northernmost point in Australia.
- Queensland’s coastline stretches approximately 4,600 miles. And, about 1,240 miles of the Great Barrier Reef (visible from outer space) are in Queensland.
- There are over 100 islands off the Queensland coast, including the world‘s largest sand island (Fraser Island).
Part of Queensland is in the Outback. You can vicariously enjoy a road trip to Outback Queensland by clicking here.
Queensland boasts some of the oldest dinosaur footprints in the world – they can be seen in the outback town of Winton.
Outback Steakhouse Queensland Chicken and Shrimp Can be Made at Home
You don’t have to go to any part of Queensland to enjoy this dish. All you have to do is to prepare this Outback Steakhouse Queensland Chicken and Shrimp in your own kitchen with this easy copycat recipe.
Here’s what you need:
- Poultry seasoning
- Cayenne pepper
- White pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- White wine
- Linguine pasta
- Olive Oil
How to Make Outback Chicken and Shrimp Pasta
- Combine spices well.
- Put cream and milk in a pan with butter and half of the spice mixture. Thicken and reduce; set aside.
- Cook linguine to the al dente stage.
- Saute chicken breasts with wine and remaining spices until done. Remove and set aside.
- Saute shrimp in a pan, adding wine if necessary.
- Place cooked chicken and shrimp on top of pasta. Cover with sauce.
Love this Outback Steakhouse recipe? Try these Copycat Outback Steakhouse Recipes
- Copycat Chicken Quesadilla
- How to Make Alice Springs Chicken from Outback Steakhouse
- Season Steamed Green Beans
- Kids Menu Mac a Roo – Velveeta Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Recipe for Blooming Onion
Easy Chicken and Shrimp Pasta Recipes
- One Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Homemade Chicken Carbonara
- Chicken in Gorgonzola Sauce
- Grilled Chicken Pasta with Asiago Cream Sauce
- Shrimp Pomodoro Pasta Recipe
- Shrimp and Pasta Salad
- Cheddar Spaghetti with Chicken
- Romano Crusted Chicken Pasta
Outback Steakhouse Queensland Chicken and Shrimp
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pint cream
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoons cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 pound linguine
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 ounces shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mortar spices well. Put cream and milk in a pan with butter and half the spice mixture. Thicken and reduce; set aside. Cook linguine to the al dente stage. Saute chicken breasts with wine and remaining spices until done. Remove and set aside. Saute shrimp in a pan, adding wine if necessary. Serve each breast on a bed of linguine with shrimp. Cover with sauce.