The Taste of Texas is one of the best places to get a steak, or piece of pecan pie. Here is a recipe that is similar to their shrimp and pasta salad. When made ahead of time, this salad gets better and better as the flavors mingle together.
Taste of Texas is a Houston favorite. Sometimes you walk into a restaurant and you might wonder what’s good. Here everything is good. They have a huge salad bar. One of the favorite and more requested items is Shrimp and pasta salad.
This pasta salad is made with vermicelli, green onions, Pickapeppa sauce, shrimp, and more. It is a wonderful recipe to make for a light dinner or even the perfect salad to bring to a potluck dinner.
Love shrimp? Check out these easy to make shrimp recipes
- Easy Shrimp Dip
- Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi
- Saltgrass Steakhouse Boiled Shrimp and Avocado Salsa
- Shells Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Red Lobster Shrimp Nachos
Taste of Texas Shrimp and Pasta Salad
- 6 ounces dry Vermicelli cook according to package directions
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 teaspoons Pickapeppa Sauce
- 1 pound Cooked Bay Shrimp
- 3 hard cooked eggs chopped
- 1 cup Light Mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain cooked Vermicelli, rinse with cool water and set aside to cool. Toss lightly with green onion. Add Pickapeppa sauce, shrimp, eggs, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Toss again lightly. Refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.