Bubba Gump Shrimp may have been famous from a movie. Life is like a box of chocolates, but no one makes shrimp like Bubba Gumps. Spicy, filling, and just wonderful. I had this down in New Orleans at Bubba Gump’s restaurant.
Here is a recipe that was inspired by a movie. If you live in the South of the United States you know what barbeque shrimp is and how wonderful it tastes. Barbeque shrimp isn’t shrimp that was placed on a grill, but it is shrimp cooked in a wonderful buttery garlic sauce.
I believe if you have been to New Orleans, Pascale Manales is the restaurant that may have started this way of cooking shrimp.
Here is a great recipe to try if you want some of that famous sauce. My tip to you, serve it with some French bread or some buttered rice. You won’t want to miss a drop of this sauce.
Here’s what you need:
- Cayenne pepper
- Large shrimp
How to Make Bubba Gump Shrimp
- Put all ingredients except shrimp into a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat until butter is melted and hot.
- Add shrimp and stir occasionally.
- Cook until shrimp are pink and just done, about 5 minutes.
Love Cajun and Creole food? Check out these favorites
- Cajun Shrimp with Grits
- Cajun Shrimp
- Shrimp Remoulade
- Spicy Bourbon Chicken Recipe
- Spicy Jambalaya
- Creole Seafood Pasta
- How to Make Cajun Rice
- Red Beans and Rice Recipe
Popular Shrimp Recipes
- Olive Garden Shrimp Scampi Fritta
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tempura
- Tropical Shrimp Recipe
- Shrimp Alexander
- DIY Honey Walnut Shrimp
Thanks to Kachurr50 for sharing this shrimp recipe.
Bubba Gump Shrimp
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed cayenne pepper
- 24 pieces large shrimp
- Put all ingredient into large skillet except shrimp. Cook on medium heat till butter is melted and hot. Drop in shrimp. Stir occasionally. Toast 2 slices sour dough or other good bread. Cook till shrimp are pink and just done maybe 5 minutes.