Are you looking for one pan meal that is easy to prepare, tastes great, and is ready in just a few minutes? Sound impossible? It isn’t. With Barilla® Pronto™ Pasta you can make this happen. Let me show you how.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Maybe like you I work during the day, coming home and spending a long time cooking dinner for me is difficult and something that I don’t want to do. After all day at work, a long commute home, I want dinner done in a flash. I hate putting food in the microwave and simply reheating it. I would like to create a new fresh meal every night if I could. I don’t want to spend too long doing it. Barilla® Pronto™ Pasta is an excellent pasta, it cooks in minutes, and you don’t even need to drain the pasta. What does this mean? It means dinner is ready in a flash. I bought my Barilla® Pronto™ Pasta at Kroger. You can get a coupon for Barilla® Pronto™ Pasta on Kroger’s website.
I love alfredo sauce and pasta, so I am going to show you how to make this in just minutes, and it won’t be hard for you to do at all. I love this recipe because we are starting out with leftover chicken. If you don’t have any leftover chicken, you can buy some chicken breasts, or thighs cook them in seasoned water. If you don’t have chicken, you really could use any cooked meat you have on hand, we want to make this easy on you.
Barilla Pronto Pasta Cooking in a Skillet
For this recipe, I am also using heavy cream, garlic salt, some chopped chives to garnish, and a handful of mozzarella cheese I happened to have on hand. I am also going to saute one shallot in butter for this recipe. If you don’t have a shallot you could use garlic. You could also completely omit this if you like.
To help save time, I grabbed my largest skillet, I sauteed my shallot in about 1 tablespoon of butter. When it was softened I removed it from the pan, and I wiped it out with a paper towel. I then added my pasta, and 3 cups of water and cooked it on high for about 10 minutes. I then added my chicken, and remaining ingredients and stirred them into the pasta. This whole dinner took me less than 20 minutes from start to finish.
I think the possibilities with this pasta are endless. I think you could easily do a really nice stroganoff in minutes, or even a nice pasta and meat sauce. I loved that I only used one pan. and it was quick and easy to prepare. I hope you give this recipe a try.
Love Alfredo Sauce Inspired Recipes? Be sure to check more Alfredo Sauce Recipes
One Pan Pasta - Chicken Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped, you can use shallots
- 16 ounces pasta I like Barilla® Pronto™ Pasta
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cyos chicken cooked
- salt to taste
- chopped chives if desired
- Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet saute minced shallots in 1 tablespoon of butter. Saute over medium heat until the shallots are tender. Wipe out skillet with a paper towel. Pour box of pasta in the skillet. Add three cups of cold water. Turn the heat on high and cook for about 10 minutes add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- After about 10 minutes, the pasta will be cooked, and the water will be absorbed in the pasta. Stir in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, chicken cooked shallots. Blend until the cheese has melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired. Sprinkle with chives and add mozzarella cheese if desired. You can pop the skillet into your oven set on broil if you want to brown the added mozzarella cheese for an added effect.