The Olive Garden Angry Alfredo dipping sauce is a new appetizer you can get from the Olive Garden. My local restaurant served a version with grilled chicken.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
I have a confession to make to you. Hands down the Olive Garden is my favorite restaurant. I know, we all have our guilty pleasures, and for me, the Olive Garden and their irresistible Alfredo sauce is my kryptonite.
Honestly, it is how my journey in copycat recipes began. I lived in the country in East Texas, and when we went into Houston for a meal out, I tasted Alfredo sauce for the first time. I had to recreate the recipe.
Olive Garden Spicy Alfredo Sauce
So when their appetizer menu featured a new item with Angry Alfredo sauce, well I had to give it a try. Needless to say, I was hooked.
What made this dish really good was the sauce was creamy, had a nice kick of heat, and filled with all sorts of grilled chicken. For my low carb and keto friends, this is the appetizer you can enjoy at the Olive Garden.
The ingredients for this recipe are very straightforward. This is really a combination of their famous alfredo sauce with some hot chili pepper and some grilled chicken. They serve this with some lightly toasted baguette. Here’s a list of what you need:
- Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Olive Garden Spicy Alfredo Sauce with Chicken
- Melt butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add heavy cream and when the cream begins to bubble, add the Parmesan cheese and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the red pepper flakes and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes on both sides until done (internal temperature is 165 degrees).
- Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes then slice it into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the chicken to the spicy Alfredo sauce and stir to combine.
- Place the chicken mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Top with mozzarella cheese and broil until cheese begins to brown.
- Serve immediately with lightly toasted baguette slices or crostini.
The recipe states to cook the chicken in a skillet. At Olive Garden, the chicken was grilled. So if you can grill the chicken then do that instead. I know all of us can not grill all year round.
So if you can’t grill your chicken, pan-searing works just fine. If you cook it in a cast iron skillet your result will be wonderfully browned chicken.
Get More Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
- Asiago Tortelloni
- Formaggio Pizza
- Grilled Chicken Alfredo
- Sausage and Peppers Rustica
- Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo
- Tortellini al Forno
Popular Appetizer Recipes
- Asian Wings Recipe
- Bacon Wrapped Weenies
- Ground Beef Cheese Dip
- How to Make Cheese Fondue
- Italian Fried Rice Balls
- Onion Blossom Recipe
- White Queso Dip
Olive Garden Angry Alfredo with Chicken
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper chili flakes
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
Spicy Alfredo Sauce
- In a medium-sized saucepan, heat the butter over medium-high heat allow the butter to melt but do not let it brown.
- Add the heavy cream.
- When the cream begins to bubble, add the Parmesan cheese and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Reduce the heat to low to simmer.
- Add the red pepper flakes and the garlic powder. Stir to combine.
Prepare the Chicken
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a medium-sized skillet preferably over medium-high heat. A cast iron skillet is recommended.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes or until the edges of the chicken begin to turn white.
- Flip chicken breast over and continue to cook approximately another 5 to 7 minutes, or until done (internal temperature is 165 degrees).
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes then cut it into bite-sized pieces.
Finishing the Dish
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- Add the chicken pieces to the spicy Alfredo sauce. Stir to combine.
- Place the mixture into a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place casserole dish under the broiler and broil until cheese begins to brown.
- Serve immediately.