Olive Garden Tortellini al Forno is part of the Olive Garden small plates menu. If you have never tried it, it’s cheese and prosciutto-filled tortellini in a parmesan cream sauce and topped with crumbled bacon.
Olive Garden serves up some lovely small plates which are perfect for an appetizer or you can even order a couple of these small plates and make a meal of them. I recently tried the Olive Garden Tortellini al Forno. It is a delicious dish that you are certain to love.
Stuffed tortellini are served with a creamy Alfredo sauce and topped with crumbled bacon. It is hard to resist this dish and it is so easy to make.
Table of Contents
Here’s a list of what you need
- Cheese tortellini
- Heavy cream
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Sliced scallions
For this copycat recipe of the Olive Garden Tortellini al Forno, I am using store-bought tortellini. You can find the tortellini in the grocery store in the pre-made pasta section. Select the one that is closest to the and prosciutto-filled tortellini.
This tortellini will only take a couple of moments to prepare. Refrigerated pasta only takes 7 to 9 minutes to cook.
You will also need a couple of slices of crisp cooked bacon. To this, we will add a creamy Parmesan sauce to this pasta.
I like to top Tortellini al Forno with sliced scallions. Freshly sliced scallions are a nice compliment to the dish.
What type of tortellini should you use?
Olive Garden used cheese and prosciutto tortellini for this appetizer. You can use whatever type you like.
I personally prefer the fresh kind you find in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. I think fresh tortellini tastes better and it cooks up very quickly!
How to Make Tortellini Al Forno
- Cook bacon until crisp then crumble the bacon.
- Prepare tortellini according to the package instructions.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and heavy cream over medium heat.
- When the cream and butter begins to bubble, add Parmesan cheese.
- Whisk until the cheese melts completely.
- Place tortellini in four bowls.
- Pour cheese sauce over tortellini.
- Top with crumbled bacon and sliced scallions.
More Olive Garden Copycat Recipes
- How to Make Zuppa Toscana
- Olive Garden Spicy Chicken Alfredo
- Shrimp Alfredo
- Italian Peach Tea
- Watermelon Sangria
- Peach Cheesecake
Favorite Pasta Recipes
Olive Garden Tortellini al Forno
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce bacon cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- Prepare tortellini according to package instructions.
- In a small saucepan combine butter and heavy cream over medium heat. When the cream and butter begin to bubble slightly add Parmesan cheese and whisk until it melts completely.
- Place 8 to 10 pieces of tortellini in each dish for a serving.
- Pour cheese sauce over tortellini and add crumbled bacon and sliced scallions over the tortellini.