Olive Garden Tortellini al Forno is part of the Olive Garden small plates menu. If you have never tried it, it’s cheese and prosciutto-filled tortellini in a parmesan cream sauce, topped with crumbled bacon.
Olive Garden serves up some lovely small plates which are perfect for an appetizer or you can even order a couple of these small plates and make a meal of them. I recently tried the Olive Garden Tortellini al Forno. It is a delicious dish that you are certain to love.
Stuffed tortellini are served with a creamy Alfredo sauce and topped with crumbled bacon. It is hard to resist this dish and it is so easy to make.
How to Make Tortellini al Forno
For this copycat recipe of the Olive Garden Tortellini al Forno, I am using store-bought tortellini. You can find the tortellini in the grocery store in the pre-made pasta section. Select the one that is closest to the and prosciutto-filled tortellini. This tortellini will only take a couple of moments to prepare. Refrigerated pasta only takes 7 to 9 minutes to cook. You will also need a couple of slices of crisp cooked bacon. To this, we will add a creamy Parmesan sauce to this pasta.
You may even want to make the Olive Garden Tortellini al Forno as a main dish. This would make a lovely main dish to serve. I like to top mine with some sliced scallions. Freshly sliced scallions add a nice compliment to this dish.
What type of tortellini should you use?
Olive Garden used cheese tortellini for this appetizer when it was served. You can use whatever type you like. I personally prefer the fresh kind you find in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. I think fresh tortellini tastes better and it cooks up very quickly!
Want more Olive Garden Recipes
If you like Olive Garden, try these copycat recipes:
- Olive Garden Angry Alfredo Sauce
- Olive Garden Peach Iced Tea
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana
- Copycat Olive Garden Shrimp Alfredo
- Olive Garden Watermelon Moscato Sangria
Olive Garden Tortellini al Forno
- 9 ounces tortellini prepared according to package directions
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ounce bacon cooked crisply
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- In a small saucepan combine butter and heavy cream over medium heat. When the cream and butter begin to bubble slightly add Parmesan cheese. Stir in Parmesan cheese, and whisk in cheese until it melts completely. Place 8 to 10 pieces of tortellini in each dish for a serving. Pour cheese over tortellini and add crumbled bacon and sliced scallions over the tortellini.