Red Lobster Crab Alfredo has been a long-time favorite recipe at the restaurant. You can recreate this delicious seafood pasta dish yourself with this easy copycat recipe.
Red Lobster is known for many menu items that everyone loves. Fresh crab meat makes the perfect addition to this Alfredo sauce.
You can use crab legs and you don’t have to buy the expensive Alaska King Crab legs. There are many other varieties that will work well. You could use imitation crab meat if you desire.
While this dish is a very easy and quick dish to prepare, I will say you should only make the amount of the Red Lobster Crab Alfredo that you will need to eat in one sitting.
Typically Alfredo sauce and pasta do not reheat well after they have been combined. If you do need to save some for later, I would divide up the sauce and the pasta. Often the pasta will soak up the sauce once it is stored. I do not like the result of reheated pasta.
There are lots of copycat recipes from Red Lobster you might like to try. Here are a few Red Lobster menu items you can at home.
Red Lobster Crab Alfredo
- 1 pint half and half
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces crab lump meat
- 16 ounces linguini pasta cook according to package directions
Alfredo sauce preparation
- In a saucepan, melt butter. When butter is melted, add the cream cheese. When the cream cheese is softened, add heavy cream and the Parmesan cheese. Add garlic powder and stir well. Simmer for 15-20 minutes on low. You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper.
Crab Leg preparation
- Boil crab legs by filling a large stockpot half full of cold water. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water. Turn the temperature up to high, when the water comes to a boil, add the crab legs.
- Once the crab legs are added reduce the temperature to medium, and simmer for six minutes. Remove the crab legs from the water. Use a cracker to remove the meat from the crab legs.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta.
- Place pasta in a large bowl, pour over alfredo sauce. Stir well. Add crab meat to the pasta after it has been mixed. Gently fold in the crab meat. Plate the pasta and crab met immediately.