Red Lobster Crab Alfredo has been a long-time favorite recipe at the restaurant. You can recreate this delicious seafood pasta dish yourself with this easy copycat recipe.
The Best Crab Alfredo
Red Lobster is known for many menu items that everyone loves. But the one that stands out from the rest is the crab alfredo. The sauce is thick and creamy and the crab is always cooked to perfection. If you are a pasta fan, this dish is a must!
I’m such a huge fan of this dish that I made my own copycat version so I can eat it at home anytime I want. It tastes just like the real thing.
Here is a list of what you need to make crab alfredo:
- Half and Half Cream
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Crab Meat
- Linguini Pasta
How to Make Crab Alfredo
- In a saucepan, melt butter then add cream cheese.
- When the cream cheese is softened, add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Add garlic powder and stir well. Simmer for 15-20 minutes on low.
- Boil crab legs for six minutes.
- Remove the crab legs from the water. Use a cracker to remove the meat from the crab legs.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add the alfredo sauce and stir well.
- Add crab meat to the pasta after it has been mixed. Gently fold in the crab meat.
- Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Crab Linguini Alfredo Tips
This is probably one of the easiest meals I have made lately. You shouldn’t have any problems. But here are a few tips that will help you out.
Best Type of Crab to Use
Fresh crab meat makes the perfect addition to my alfredo sauce. I always recommend using the freshest ingredients that you can because they have the best taste. You can use crab legs and you don’t have to buy the expensive Alaska King Crab legs.
But you can also use canned crab meat too. If you are going to use canned crab meat, I suggest using lump and backfin meat. The claw meat comes out super shredded and in tinier pieces which can get lost in the sauce and the noodles.
You can also choose to use imitation crab meat.
Is imitation crab meat already cooked? Yes, imitation crab meat is normally pre-cooked. But always check the packaging just in case.
How do you cook packaged crab meat?
Cooking packaged crab meat is super easy. Just heat up some butter in a pan and saute the meat for about 5 minutes. It will be ready to add to your sauce and noodles.
How to reheat alfredo sauce
While this dish is a very easy and quick dish to prepare, I will say you should only make the amount of the Red Lobster Crab Alfredo that you will need to eat in one sitting.
Typically Alfredo sauce and pasta do not reheat well after they have been combined. If you do need to save some for later, I would divide up the sauce and the pasta. Often the pasta will soak up the sauce once it is stored. I do not like the result of reheated pasta.
Do you love Red Lobster? Try these copycat recipes
Make your favorite Red Lobster menu item at home!
- Scallops Wrapped in Bacon
- Red Lobster Brussel Sprouts
- Tartar Sauce Recipe
- Red Lobster Soup – Clam Chowder
- Red Lobster Cheese Biscuit Recipe
- Lobster and Langostino Pizza
- Garlic Shrimp Scampi Red Lobster Recipe
More Crab Recipes
- Crab Casserole Recipe
- Crab Bisque
- Crab Dip Recipe
- She-crab Soup
- Shrimp and Crab Au Gratin
- Crab Stir Fry
Red Lobster Crab Alfredo
- 1 pint half and half
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces crab lump meat
- 16 ounces linguini pasta cook according to package directions
Alfredo sauce preparation
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- When butter is melted, add the cream cheese. When the cream cheese is softened, add half and half, and the Parmesan cheese.
- Add garlic powder and stir well. Simmer for 15-20 minutes on low. You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper.
Crab Leg preparation
- Boil crab legs by filling a large stockpot half full of cold water. Add a tablespoon of salt to the water. Turn the temperature up to high, when the water comes to a boil, add the crab legs.
- Once the crab legs are added reduce the temperature to medium, and simmer for six minutes. Remove the crab legs from the water. Use a cracker to remove the meat from the crab legs.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain pasta.
- Place pasta in a large bowl, pour over alfredo sauce. Stir well. Add crab meat to the pasta after it has been mixed. Gently fold in the crab meat. Plate the pasta and crab met immediately.