Joes Crab Shack Crab Dip is was a recipe requested by many viewers. Easy to make, you can enjoy this famous crab dip at home.
Do you love crab dip? Guess what, you can make delicious crab dip at home that tastes just as good as it does when you go out! It’s easy to do!
Appetizers are often the best part of the meal, and starting out your meal with some homemade hot crab dip is a great way to start a weekend.
What makes crab dip so good?
This Joes Crab Shack crab dip is packed full of flavor and cheesy goodness. This recipe has green bell peppers, onions, lots of crab meat, cream cheese, and mozzarella.
This crab dip browns perfectly. When you dunk your first chip into it, you’ll see how the cheese melts so wonderfully. No one is going to stop until it’s all gone.
If you want to serve this at a party, you can make it ahead of time, and then heat it up in the oven when you are ready to serve. This way your guests can enjoy how good this homemade crab dip tastes when it is still hot.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Seasoned salt
- Yellow onion
- Green bell pepper
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Lump crab meat
- Green onion
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Joe’s Crab Shack Crab Dip
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and butter until smooth.
- Blend in seasoned salt and paprika.
- Stir in yellow onions, crab meat, green bell pepper, and mozzarella cheese.
- Place the mixture in a lightly greased small shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees until mixture bubbles, about 10 to 14 minutes.
- Top with sliced green onion and chopped parsley.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- Serve with small toasts, tortilla chips, or your favorite crackers.
- Serve with fresh vegetables for a low carb keto appetizer.
- Old bay seasoning tastes great in this dip.
- You can substitute small shrimp for the crab.
Love shellfish? Try these recipes!
- Baked Scallops
- Crab Casserole
- Crawfish Bisque Recipe
- Crawfish Etouffee Recipe
- Killer Shrimp
- Red Lobster Shrimp Nachos
- She Crab Soup
- Shrimp Parmesan
- Shrimp Tempura
More Joe’s Crab Shack Copycat Recipes
Joes Crab Shack Crab Dip
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 teaspoons yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 4 teaspoons green bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 6 ounces crab lump meat
- 1 tablespoon green onion sliced
- 1 teaspoon parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and butter until smooth. Blend in seasoned salt and paprika.
- Stir in yellow onions, crab meat, green pepper, and mozzarella cheese. Place in a lightly greased small shallow baking dish and place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees until mixture bubbles, about 10 – 14 minutes.
- Serve dip with unsalted or very lightly salted corn chips. This appetizer will serve two to three or makes a great light lunch with a crisp salad.
- Serve with small toasts, corn chips, or your favorite crackers.
- Serve with fresh vegetables for a low carb and Keto friendly appetizer.
- Old bay seasoning tastes great in this dip
- Don’t have any crab meat on hand? You can use small shrimp for this recipe.