TGI Friday’s Nine Layer Dip has become the standard dip for game watching, parties, and much more. This is 9 layer bean dip brought a new level of flavors with refried beans, bacon, cheese, taco seasoning, tomatoes, green onions, and so much more. This is easy to put together and has all of the best ingredients that Mexican food has to offer.
Make this TGI Friday Menu Item for Your Next Party
The TGI Friday’s 9 Layer Dip is one of the menu items that really put TGI Friday’s on the map. Can you go to a party nowadays without there being a layered bean dip? No. I think this is a standard appetizer that everyone loves to serve.
What makes TGI Friday’s Nine Layer Dip dish extra special?
I think is seasoning the beans with taco seasoning. This careful step of seasoning the beans during the preparation is really key to making this dish taste extra amazing.
The ingredients in this recipe are very common and easy to find. Here’s a list of what you need:
- Refried beans
- Sour cream
- Taco seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Sliced black olives
- Green onions
How to Make 9 Layer Dip
- Cut the bacon into pieces and fry them in a skillet until crispy.
- Add refried beans and cook slowly over low heat until the beans are heated. Stir frequently to avoid burning the beans.
- Combine sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Layer the dip in this order: refried beans, a third of the shredded cheese, sour cream mixture, guacamole, tomatoes, cilantro, black olives, green onion slices, and the remaining shredded cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
How to Lighten Up 9 Layer Dip
This recipe is very flexible. If you want to lighten up the recipe, you can try these options:
- Substitute the sour cream for light sour cream.
- Use fat-free refried beans
- Use low-fat cheddar cheese.
- If you want to make it vegan, you can use vegan-friendly “sour cream” and “cheese”. You can omit the bacon.
There is no reason why you need to buy this multi-layer dip at the store, you can make it at home, and enjoy a wonderful fresh layer dip.
Love TGI Friday’s? Try these copycat recipes!
- TGI Fridays Fire Bites
- TGI Fridays Jack Daniels Sauce
- TGI Fridays Mozzarella Sticks
- TGI Fridays Potato Skins
- TGI Fridays Pretzel Sticks
Great TGI Friday’s Cocktails
Favorite Party Dips
TGI Friday’s Nine Layer Dip
- 2 strips lean bacon
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup guacamole
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Cut the bacon into ½-inch pieces. Fry the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy.
- Add refried beans to the pan. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until heated, about 15 minutes.
- Mix taco seasoning with sour cream.
- Place the refried beans in a casserole dish and spread it out to 1½-inches thick.
- Top the beans in this order: ½ cup of shredded cheese, sour cream mixture, guacamole, tomatoes, cilantro, black olives, green onion slices, then the remaining ¼ cup of shredded cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.