TGI Friday’s is known for its wonderful drinks. TGI Friday’s Sex on the Beach is one of their most popular cocktails. This drink is fruity and very refreshing. Try our version of this recipe.
TGI Friday’s is known for its wonderful drinks, and their Sex on the Beach mixed drink is one of their most popular cocktails. Apart from its name, people are attracted to this drink because it is fruity and very refreshing (just like sex!).
One of the best things about making cocktails at home is that they are much less expensive to make than to purchase in bars. And, best of all, there is no driving involved so you can have more than one!
How Did the Sex on the Beach Mixed Drink Get its Name?
Sex on the Beach got its start in Florida. The story goes that the cocktail was invented by a bartender called Ted who worked at Confetti’s Bar. He was inspired by a campaign to sell the most peach schnapps, so he came up with a cocktail featuring it.
Ted called it Sex on the Beach because he thought that sex and the beach were the two main attractions for spring breakers – big bar clientele in Florida.
Midori is the vivid green liqueur that catches your eye behind the bar. It’s a beautiful color to look at and also beautiful inside the bottle because of its luscious sweet melon taste. The word Midori means green in Japanese. Midori is actually made from two types of melons:
- Yubari King Melon: Originally a cross between two kinds of cantaloupes, these melons are grown near Yubari City in Japan. The melon has orange flesh and juicy sweetness.
- Musk Melon: Musk melons are grown in the Aichi and Shizuoka provinces of Japan. This is a juicy melon with amazing sweetness and green flesh which gives Midori its wonderful color.
The Chambord brand was founded in 1982, but the inspiration came from a raspberry liqueur made in the Loire Valley in the late 1600s. History says that the drink delighted Louis XIV during one of his visits to the Château de Chambord.
Chambord is still produced in the Loire Valley and is made from black and red raspberries, Moroccan citrus peel, Madagascar vanilla, honey, and cognac.
here’s a list of more cocktail recipes for your home bar.
- Slick Willy’s Colorado Bull Dog
- Kahlua Coffee Liquor
- Kahlua Mudslide
- Russian Gringo Cocktail
- Fleur de Lis Cocktail
- Pina Colada Moscato Wine Cocktail
TGI Friday’s Sex on the Beach
- 3/4 ounce vodka
- 3/4 ounce Midori (Melon liqueur)
- 3/4 ounce Chambord (Raspberry liqueur)
- 1 1/2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 counces cranberry Juice
- It’s real simple – just mix all ingredients well and pour over ice and in a highball glass. Enjoy!