Kahlua mudslides can be made easily at home. You can make this tasty cocktail at home it is a great way to use Kahlua coffee liqueur.
What’s better than a coffee drink? A spiked coffee drink. The Kahlua Mudslide is a delicious coffee cocktail, it is like an adult latte. Skip the pre-made mix and craft a handcrafted cocktail with this straightforward classic Mudslide recipe.
Making History at The Wreck Bar
So, a guy walks into a bar and sits down. It may sound like the start of a joke, but it’s actually the beginning of the legend about how the Mudslide cocktail was born. The story goes something like this. Back in the late 70’s, a tourist ordered a White Russian from the Wreck Bar at the Rum Point Club on Grand Cayman island. The bartender informed the man that the bar didn’t have any heavy cream on hand, but the tourist was persistent about his drink order. Out of desperation, the quick-thinking bartender substituted Bailey’s Irish Cream for the heavy cream and served the belligerent customer who ended up loving the new drink.
Whether the legend is true or not doesn’t really matter when a cocktail is this good. The Wreck Bar still exists today, and it continues to serve its signature cocktail. If you ever find yourself at the home of the Mudslide, do yourself a favor and don’t make the mistake of ordering a frozen version of the drink. Things could get ugly. But don’t worry, blending up a Frozen Mudslides at home is a snap.
Worth the Calories: The Ultimate Frozen Mudslide
When it comes right down to it, a Frozen Mudslide is just a boozy milkshake. So, if you are going to cheat on your diet, you might as well do it right. This version of a Frozen Mudslide is a chocoholic’s dream cocktail.
In addition to the ingredients necessary for a standard Mudslide, you will require creme de cacao, chocolate ice cream, chocolate sauce, creme de cacao, whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and a quality blender that can handle blending thick shakes.
Combine an ounce and a half of vodka, Kahlua, Bailey’s Irish Cream, and creme de cacao in the blender. Scoop in four scoops of chocolate ice cream and blend until smooth. Drizzle the chocolate syrup around the inside of three old fashioned glass. Divide the Frozen Mudslide among the three glasses, top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles. Serve with a thick straw.
Tips for Making and Serving a Mudslide Drink
- Make it the Wreck Bar way. For the sake of authenticity, why not garnish your Mudslide drink the way they do it where it was invented? Make the drink and then sprinkle a little of cinnamon on top, add a brandy-soaked cherry, and fill the straw to the top with Kahlua.
- Shaken, not stirred. While Bond may be flaunting tradition by insisting his Martinis are subjected to the trauma of a cocktail shaker, shaking a Mudslide is the preferred mixing method. A vigorous shake helps to create a thick head of foam.
- Make mine a shot. Miniaturize the Mudslide by making it in shot form. Pour half a half-ounce of Kahlua into a shot glass followed by another half-ounce of Bailey’s Irish Cream. Float a little vodka on top. Cheers!
Ingredients for a Kahlua Mudslide
Here is what you need to make a Kahlua Mudslide:
- Kahlua – Find out how to make Kahlua at home.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream –or another
How to Make a Kahlua Mudslide
Simply pour all ingredients over ice and stir to combine. Enjoy!
Cool and Creamy Drink Recipes to Try
- Wendy Frosty Recipe
- Smores Frappe
- Strawberry Frappe Recipe
- Frappuccino Caramel
- Recipe for Orange Julius
- Dairy Queen Oreo Ice Cream Blizzard
- How to Make a Pina Colada Smoothie
- Coconut Shake Recipe
- White Russian Recipe
- Milk Punch
Great Copycat Dessert Recipes with Liquor
- 1/2 ounces Kahlua
- 1/2 ounces Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1/2 ounces Vodka
- 1 ounces Milk
- Pour ingredients over ice and stir.