Kahlua mudslides can be made easily at home. You can make this tasty cocktail at home it is a great way to use Kahlua coffee liqueur.
Table of Contents
Kahlua Mudslide Drink
What’s better than a coffee drink? A spiked coffee drink. The Kahlua Mudslide is a delicious coffee cocktail, it is like an adult latte. Skip the pre-made mix and craft a handcrafted cocktail with this straightforward classic Mudslide recipe.
Origin of the Mudslide Drink Comes from the Wreck Bar
So, a guy walks into a bar and sits down. It may sound like the start of a joke, but it’s actually the beginning of the legend about how the Mudslide cocktail was born. The story goes something like this:
Back in the late 1970s, a tourist ordered a White Russian from the Wreck Bar at the Rum Point Club on Grand Cayman island. The bartender informed the man that the bar didn’t have any heavy cream on hand, but the tourist was persistent about his drink order.
Out of desperation, the quick-thinking bartender substituted Bailey’s Irish Cream for the heavy cream and served the belligerent customer who ended up loving the new drink.
Whether the legend is true or not doesn’t really matter when a cocktail is this good. The Wreck Bar still exists today, and it continues to serve its signature cocktail.
If you ever find yourself at the home of the Mudslide, do yourself a favor and don’t make the mistake of ordering a frozen version of the drink. Things could get ugly. But don’t worry, blending up frozen mudslides at home is a snap.
What is a Mudslide Drink?
When it comes right down to it, a mudslide is just a boozy milkshake. So, if you are going to cheat on your diet, you might as well do it right. It has an extraordinary chocolate coffee flavor and is a wonderful sweet treat.
Tips for Making and Serving a Mudslide Drink
- Make it the Wreck Bar way. For the sake of authenticity, why not garnish your Mudslide mixed drink the way they do it where it was invented? Make the drink and then sprinkle a little cinnamon on top, add a brandy-soaked cherry, and fill the straw to the top with Kahlua.
- Shaken, not stirred. While Bond may be flaunting tradition by insisting his Martinis are subjected to the trauma of a cocktail shaker, shaking a Mudslide is the preferred mixing method. A vigorous shake helps to create a thick head of foam. Strain and pour it over fresh ice in a glass.
- Make mine a shot. Miniaturize the Mudslide by making it in shot form. Pour half a half-ounce of Kahlua into a shot glass followed by another half-ounce of Bailey’s Irish Cream. Float a little vodka on top. Cheers!
What’s in a Mudslide Drink?
There are only 4 simple mudslide drink ingredients. Well, you will need some ice too.
- Kahlúa coffee liqueur – Find out how to make Kahlua at home.
- Bailey’s Irish Cream or another Irish cream liqueur. Or substitute with Rumchata.
How to Make a Mudslide Drink
- Fill a cocktail glass or rocks glass with ice.
- Pour all ingredients over the ice.
- Stir to combine.
- Sip and enjoy!
How to Make a Frozen Mudslide Drink
This frozen mudslide drink recipe is a chocoholic’s dream cocktail!
In addition to the ingredients necessary for a standard Mudslide, you will require creme de cacao, chocolate ice cream, chocolate sauce, creme de cacao, whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and a quality blender that can handle blending thick shakes.
- Combine an ounce and a half of vodka, Kahlua, Bailey’s Irish Cream, and creme de cacao in the blender.
- Add four scoops of chocolate ice cream and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup around the inside of three old-fashioned glasses.
- Divide the Frozen Mudslide mixture among the three glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles or shaved chocolate.
- Serve this mudslide ice cream drink with a thick straw.
Cool and Creamy Drink Recipes to Try
- Wendy Frosty Recipe
- Smores Frappe
- Strawberry Frappe Recipe
- Frappuccino Caramel
- Recipe for Orange Julius
- Dairy Queen Oreo Ice Cream Blizzard
- How to Make a Pina Colada Smoothie
- Coconut Shake Recipe
- White Russian Recipe
- Milk Punch
Great Copycat Dessert Recipes with Liquor
Kahlua Mudslide Drink
- 1 cup Ice
- 1/2 ounce Kahlua
- 1/2 ounce Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1/2 ounce Vodka
- 1 ounce Milk
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour ingredients over the ice and stir to combine.