This rich and coffee flavored brownie is perfect for a late night snack. You don’t need to buy boxed mixes in order to have delicious brownies. This is a favorite of mine!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate 3 squares
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Kahlua plus 1 tablespoon
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Grease 9-inch square pan well; line with foil. Preheat oven 350 F degrees. Resift flour with baking powder and the salt. Melt butter with chocolate over low heat. Beat eggs with sugar until light. Add flour mixture, chocolate mixture, and 1/4 cup Kahlua; blend well. Stir in nuts.
- Turn into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes, or until top springs back when touched lightly in the center, and edges begin to pull away from the pan. Remove from oven; cool thoroughly in pan. Brush top with 1 tablespoon Kahlua. Cut into 1 x 2-inch bars. Garnish, if desired