This turtle brownie recipe is perfect for those who love chocolate, caramel, and pecans. If you want an easy recipe to make turtle brownies with cake mix, this recipe is for you.
Everyone loves turtle brownies, these brownies are full of ooey gooey caramel, semisweet chocolate chips, and chopped pecans. To make this recipe super easy you are going to start with a box of cake mix. I love to use a dark chocolate cake mix because it will give you a full rich chocolate flavor.
I have served these brownies for company that they thought these brownies look and they tasted amazing. Adding caramel to brownies combines the flavors that everyone seems to love, I mean who can turn down caramel and chocolate?
Caramel brownies are a crowd pleaser, and for this recipe, you will need to purchase some wrapped caramels that you will find in the candy section of the grocery store. Caramel sauce will not harden like the wrapped caramels.
Alice Medrich’s Cookies and Brownies is a great source for even more brownie recipes.
Love brownies? Be sure to try these brownie recipes
- 14 ounces wrapped caramels
- 3/4 cup butter
- 15.24 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Unwrap the caramels and melt them with 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk in a pan on the stovetop or in a bowl in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, combine melted butter, 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk, dry cake mix, and 1/2 cup pecans. The batter will be thick.
- Place half of the brownie batter in the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and sprinkle 1 cup of chocolate chips over the warm batter.
- Sprinkle the remaining pecans over the chocolate chips.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the nuts.
- Press remaining batter between your hands and place it over the caramel.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes more.
- Cool the brownies completely in the pan.
- Cut the brownies into squares and enjoy!