These Hershey’s Brownies are a recipe from Maida Heatter’s Book of Great American Desserts. She is known for delicious desserts. Why use a box mix when you can make incredible chocolate brownies so easily?
Box mixes are handy and make it easy to put together a quick batch of delicious brownies. I will use boxes mixes from time to time, but I really prefer making chocolate brownies from scratch. You eliminate the preservatives, and you end up with a much better flavor. I bet you have the ingredients you need already in your pantry.
These chocolate brownies are creamy and soft. You will love to make up a batch of these simple brownies. You can add nuts if you desire. I like to add nuts to the brownies. I have used all sorts of brownies, I have used almonds, pecans, and walnuts. I hope you give this recipe a try.
Did you love these Hershey’s Brownies? Be sure to check out some of these chocolate brownies recipes.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa (Hershey's)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts , broken into pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line an 8" square pan with foil and butter the foil.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Melt butter in a 10 - 12 cup saucepan over moderate heat.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, into the warm butter.
- Remove the pan from the stove, allow the heated mixture to cool for five minutes. Stir the eggs in rapidly so they don't cook. (It is best to crack all of the eggs before quickly adding in the eggs)
- Stir in dry ingredients, and stir in nuts. Spread smoothly in prepared pan. Bake 20 - 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center just barely comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes. Cover with rack and turn pan over. Remove pan and foil lining. Cover with a cutting board and turn back over again. Let stand until cool.