Maybe you have heard of cream cheese brownies or even zebra brownies before. This was something we spotted one year around Christmas. This combines chocolate brownies and cream cheese with Kahlua and Vodka. It’s delicious White Russian brownies.
Kahlua White Russian Brownies
- 9 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1/4 cup Vodka
- Cream together cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/4 cup sugar, Vodka, 2 tablespoons of flour and 2 tablespoons of soft butter, set aside. In a separate bowl, make the cocoa mixture by sifting the remaining flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, baking powder.
- Stir in remaining butter and 1/2 cup Kahlua, ad 1 egg at a time and mix well into the sifted dry ingredients. Pour half cocoa mixture in a buttered and lightly floured 9" baking pan. Add cream cheese mixture, use your knife to swirl the cream cheese mixture into the cocoa mixture. Top the cream cheese layer with the remaining cocoa mixture. Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes. When the cool brush with 1/4 cup of remaining Kahlua.