Homemade Ginger Snaps cookies are wonderful cookies to have in the fall and at Christmas. Crunchy, crispy gingersnap cookies go perfectly with a cup of hot tea.
This recipe has a wonderful tale. This recipe is from a nice lady that cooks very well. She is family, and she found CopyKat.com and was kind enough to send me some of her favorite recipes.
The recipe comes from Sue A. Mertens Minick from Hazelwood, MO. She found this site on the internet! And yes, she is family 🙂
If you have never had these, these are a slightly spicy cookie that has a little punch to it. I love to serve these with Sharon’s pumpkin Dip for ginger snaps. Her dip is one that you are certain to love. It is flavorful and almost like a pumpkin cheesecake without the work.
favorite cookie recipes
- Chinese Almond Cookies
- Penn Station Cookie
- Sandie Cookies Recipe
- Doubletree Hotel Cookie Recipe
- Hello Dolly Cookie Bars
- White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Black and White Cookies
- Old Fashioned Spritz Cookies Recipe
- Best Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Almond Shortbread Cookie Recipe
More Ginger Recipes
Homemade Ginger Snaps
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs, molasses, and vinegar. Sift together and add the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix all until blended. Form dough into 3/4 inch balls. Bake on a greased cookie sheet for about 12 minutes. Some ovens will vary so adjust time accordingly.