Cake Mix Cookies with Butter are delightfully simple. These cookies taste like bakery cookies, but they are so easy to make!
Deliciousness doesn’t have to be complicated. Take these cake cookies, for instance. With just three ingredients and less than 30 minutes, you can have these totally unique cake batter cookies cooling on your counter. Cookies made with cake mix are truly unlike anything you’ve tried before, and they’re so simple to make that you definitely don’t need to be a baker to it pull off. No cookie press? You don’t need one to enjoy these cookies. There is absolutely no excuse not to try out this recipe!
How to Make Without a Cookie Press
Using a cookie press may add a bit of style to cake cookies, but they’ll be every bit as tasty without one.
The most straightforward alternative to using a cookie press is to roll the dough into little balls about an inch in diameter and lay them out on a baking sheet. Use the buttered bottom of a glass to press each of the balls down gently. Or, if you have a pastry bag handy, you can try piping the cookie dough directly on the baking sheet. Of course, you can always roll out the cookie dough and use your favorite cookie cutters. Try chilling the dough slightly before rolling out on a Silpat mat to help the cookies keep their shape before transferring them to a baking sheet with a plastic spatula.
Don’t Be Shy to Play Around with the Flavoring
These cookies taste amazing the way they are, but you can easily up the flavor quotient exponentially.
Try adding one of the following flavors combinations to the dough:
- Christmas Spice. A half teaspoon of freshly ground nutmeg, a quarter teaspoon of allspice, and a teaspoon of cinnamon make these the perfect holiday cookies.
- Espresso. Two tablespoons of instant espresso powder transform these cookies into the perfect snack for coffee lovers.
- Lemon. Two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and the zest of one lemon give these cookies just the right balance of sweet and sour.
Don’t limit yourself to a vanilla cake mix. Switch things up by using different types of cake mixes. Red Velvet or Spice Cake mixes are particularly good for cake batter cookies.
Unleash Your Inner Artist
Cake mix cookies are just begging for a bit of bling. You can dress them up with your favorite icing, a dash of sprinkles, or a coating of colored sugar. Get as creative as you want. Decorating cake mix cookies is something you and your kids will love to do together, and it makes a great activity at a birthday or holiday party.
Tips for Making and Storing Cookies Made with Cake Mix
- Don’t worry if the dough seems a bit dry. It is supposed to be drier than regular cookie dough, and it will all work out in the end. Resist the urge to add more melted butter.
- Let cookies cool completely before decorating. If you are using sprinkles without any icing, add them before baking the cookies so they will stick.
- Keep cookies on the counter. Stays fresh for four to five days when stored in an airtight container.
See what we are up to on Facebook!
Here’s a list of what you need:
- White cake mix
- All-purpose flour
How to Make Cake Mix Cookies With Butter
- Allow half of the butter to reach room temperature and soften.
- Melt the remaining half of the butter.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and melted butter. Mix well.
- Pour melted butter-flour mixture into the cake mix and add softened butter.
- Mix until all ingredients have been incorporated and the dough is smooth.
- Roll out dough and cut into shapes as desired.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 14 to 16 minutes.
Love to bake cookies? Try these easy recipes!
- Almond Cookies
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
- Coconut Oatmeal Cookie
- Cream Cheese Cookies
- Doubletree Hotel Cookies
- Keebler Sandies Pecan Shortbread Cookies
- Pecan Cranberry Cookies
Favorite Christmas Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- Double Chocolate Coca Cola Cake
- Eggnog Pie
- Holiday Poke Cake
- Pistachio Pudding Cake
- Waldorf Red Velvet Cake
Be sure to check out more of my easy cookie recipes and the best Christmas dessert recipes here on CopyKat.com!
Cake Mix Cookies with Butter
- 18.25 ounces white cake mix
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Allow two sticks (1/2 pound) butter to reach room temperature and soften.
- Melt two sticks (1/2 pound) butter.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and melted butter. Mix well. You may wish to return this to the microwave so that this mixture is pourable.
- Pour melted butter mixture into the cake mix and add remaining softened butter. Mix until all ingredients have been incorporated and this is smooth. If the dough is stiff knead on a cutting board until it has softened.
- Shape as desired. You can roll out the dough and cut out cookies or use a cookie press.
- Bake cookies for 14-16 minutes or until done.
Leave a Reply