Looking for a different cookie that has a unique taste? The cinnamon and cream of tartar add a special flavor to these crackly surfaced snickerdoodle cookies.
One of my earliest memories was making snickerdoodles when I was a girl scout. Since then I have made these cookies for cookie exchanges, and when I wanted something sweet, and tangy.
If you haven’t tried these cookies before, you are missing out. These cookies are rolled in cinnamon and sugar to give them a wonderful crunchy crust.
Do you need to make cookies, but you don’t have any chocolate chips, peanut butter, or oatmeal? I bet you have what you need on hand to make snickerdoodle cookies.
These are simple cookies to make, and you don’t need a lot of exotic ingredients to put together this classic cookie.
Snickerdoodles are basically a sugar cookie that is rolled in sugar and cinnamon. By rolling the cookie into the mixture of cinnamon and sugar, you make a crispy coating with the perfect amount of spice.
Love Cookies? Check out these great cookie recipes
- 1 cup butter - softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Mix butter, sugar and eggs thoroughly with a mixer.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Chill dough for at least an hour.
- Form the dough into balls.
- Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the sugar coated balls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes on greased cookie sheet. They will flatten out as they bake.