A Texas Sheet Cake is an easy cake to make. This cake can be made out of ingredients that are inside of your pantry. This cake makes it own frosting.
Love Cake? Check out these cake recipes
Texas Sheet Cake
- 2 sticks butter plus extra for the pan
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus extra for the pan
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 16 ounces powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- In a saucepan, bring the butter, cocoa, and water to a boil. Remove from the heat.
- Add the flour, sugar, and baking soda, and stir to combine.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Stir until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the frosting: Bring the butter, cocoa, and buttermilk to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add the powdered sugar. Stir only until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and pecans and stir to combine.
- Pour the frosting over the cake.