A Texas Sheet Cake is an easy cake to make. This cake can be made out of ingredients that are inside of your pantry. This cake makes it own frosting.
Love Cake? Check out these cake recipes
Texas Sheet Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 16 ounces confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (optional), chopped
- Measure the flour, sugar and baking soda and set aside. Bring 2 sticks butter, cocoa, and water to boil. Remove from heat; stir in dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. Stir until blended well; pour in 9X13 inch greased and floured pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While cake is baking, bring 1 stick butter, cocoa and buttermilk to boil; add 1 box confectioners sugar. Stir only until smooth.
- Add 1 tsp. vanilla and pecans. Pour frosting over cake.