Southwestern Ranch Dressing is creamy and perfect for salads or as a dipping sauce. It takes only a few minutes to make this flavorful southwest salad dressing with simple ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homemade Southwestern Ranch Salad Dressing
Creamy, with a hint of spiciness and totally delicious, this homemade Southwest ranch dressing can be thrown together in minutes and is super versatile. It’s far more interesting and tasty than any store-bought dressing or dip. Southwestern Ranch salad dressing will also be your go-to dipping sauce for everything from tortilla chips to chicken and seafood.
Salad dressing is just one of those things most of us have been programmed to pick up at the store. However, a great salad needs a great dressing, and the best dressings are made at home. This is the best Southwestern ranch dressing recipe. It’s similar to Buffalo Wild Wings Southwestern Ranch dressing, only better!
Do you have kids who hate salads? Well, this tasty dressing just might make a difference and actually make your kids request salad for dinner! And, it’s a good way to bribe your kids to eat those healthy carrot and celery sticks.
Making your own salad dressings is a great way to keep your budget under control, and you know exactly what’s in your dressings. Now you have the perfect Southwestern ranch dressing recipe you can make at home.
Homemade salad dressings are always healthier because you know exactly what you are putting into them. This homemade Southwest ranch dressing is the creamy ranch you love.
It comes together in under 10 minutes, and you don’t need any fancy ingredients. The “fancy” ingredients are in the dressing and seasoning mixes, making life easier for you. Here’s what you need for this southwest ranch dressing recipe:
- Dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- Lime juice
- McCormick Mild Taco Seasoning
- For a lighter dressing, use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 fat-free Greek yogurt.
- For an extra tangy flavor, substitute 2 tablespoons of mayo with sour cream.
How to Make Southwestern Ranch Dressing
How to Serve Southwest Ranch Dressing
The options are practically endless for ways you can use this magical stuff.
- Salads, of course – it’s especially good on a salad with chicken or shrimp.
- Great for a Southwest chicken power bowl.
- Serve on your favorite taco salad.
- Perfect as a raw veggie ranch dip. Dunk your veggies into this southwest goodness.
- Dipping sauce for potato wedges, fries, or chicken nuggets, or tortilla strips.
- Topping for sweet potatoes.
- Inside any kind of burrito or wrap.
- Drizzle it over tacos or nachos.
- A tangy spread on sandwiches.
- Put a thin layer over chicken or salmon before baking it.
How to Store Homemade Ranch Dressing
Your dressing will keep for up to a week in an airtight container or jar in your refrigerator. And, this dressing tastes better the longer it sits.
Can You Freeze Ranch Dressing?
Yes, you can keep your dressing in the freezer for up to six months. The best way to freeze is to pour your dressing into ice cube trays When frozen, pop out the cubes of frozen dressing and place them in a ziplock freezer bag or an airtight plastic container.
Take out however many cubes you think you’ll need when you want some dressing. Thaw them in the refrigerator. It is best to do this the day before.
I hope you give this easy recipe a try. I can’t I always keep some dry Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing in my pantry. This dressing is perfect for salads, fresh veggies, and so much more. The combination of the ranch dressing mix and the taco seasoning is the perfect blend of spices.
Love homemade salad dressing? Try these recipes!
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Chick Fil A Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- French Dressing
- Hot Bacon Salad Dressing
- Olive Garden Dressing
- Oriental Salad Dressing
- Japanese Salad Dressing
- Pesto Salad Dressing
- Russian Salad Dressing
- Santa Fe Dressing
Favorite Southwest Recipes
Check out more of my easy salad dressing recipes and the best Mexican recipes here on CopyKat!
Southwestern Ranch Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Mild Taco Seasoning
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Do you taste the lime? I don’t like lime..
You do taste some lime in there, I don’t think it is super lime forward. You could always modify the recipe by omitting the lime.