Chili’s Southwest Egg Rolls are a great take on their Asian-inspired cousin. These are made with crispy flour tortillas, perfectly seasoned chicken, black beans, corn, jalapeño Jack cheese, and more. Don’t forget to dip these in the Avocado Ranch dressing.
Who doesn’t love a great egg roll, imagine them made with flavors of the Southwest. So delicious, and so perfect for your next game night, watching the game, or a party. You won’t be able to resist these when they are made.
Everyone loves going to Chilis. Chilis has some of the best appetizers ever. It’s hard to beat Chili’s Salsa. Now you have a partner in your appetizer party. These inspired Mexican egg rolls combine all of the flavors you love in Mexican food.
Chilis southwest egg rolls have lots of ingredients to make them extra special. Nothing is difficult to find, you can put these together in no time at all.
For this recipe, I am using one package of Ranch Style Dressing mix to make the avocado sauce. You could use a bottle of Ranch dressing mix, but I think the kind you mix up has a better flavor.
Want more great copycat Chilis recipes? Check out these taste-alike recipes of Chilis.
- Chili’s Chicken Tenders
- Southwest Soup
- Chilis Margarita Chicken Bowl
- Chili’s Awesome Blossom Petals
- Chili’s Monterey Chicken
More Tasty Appetizer Recipes
- White Cheese Queso
- Fried Mushrooms
- Baked Scallops
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Cheesy Lasagna Dip
- Melting Pot Fondue
- Bloomin’ Onion
- Seafood Nachos Recipe
Chili’s Southwest Eggrolls
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 teaspoons olive oil or vegetable oil divided use
- 1/4 cup minced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons pickled jalapeño peppers chopped
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 8 7-inch flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- vegetable oil for frying
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup smashed fresh avocado about half an avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Brush the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes on each side. When the chicken breasts have finished cooking, chop them into small pieces and set aside.
- To make the egg roll filling, place the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and sauté the red peppers until just tender. Add the green onions, corn, black beans, spinach, pickled jalapeños, and taco seasoning to the skillet. Mix well and sauté until heated through.
- Place equal portions of filling onto the tortillas. Then add equal portions of chicken to each tortilla and top with cheese. Fold in the ends of the tortilla and roll them up very tightly. Pin with toothpicks to secure.
- Add vegetable oil to a large pot until it reaches a depth of 4 inches. Heat the oil to 350°F and deep-fry the egg rolls until they are golden brown, about 7 to 8 minutes. When golden, remove them from the oil and place them on a wire rack.
- To make the avocado ranch dressing, combine the dry ranch dressing mix with the mayonnaise and buttermilk. Add the mashed avocado and pulse the mixture in a blender until just blended.