Chilis Southwest Egg Rolls are a great take on their Asian-inspired cousin. These are made with crispy flour tortillas, perfectly seasoned chicken, black beans, corn, jalapeño Jack cheese, and more. Don’t forget to dip these in the Avocado Ranch dressing.
Who doesn’t love a great egg roll, imagine them made with flavors of the Southwest. So delicious, and so perfect for your next game night, watching the game, or a party. You won’t be able to resist these when they are made.
Everyone loves going to Chilis. Chilis has some of the best appetizers ever. It’s hard to beat Chilis Salsa. Now you have a partner in your appetizer party. These inspired Mexican egg rolls combine all of the flavors you love in Mexican food.
Chilis southwest egg rolls have lots of ingredients to make them extra special. Nothing is difficult to find, you can put these together in no time at all.
For this recipe, I am using one package of Ranch Style Dressing mix to make the avocado sauce. You could use a bottle of Ranch dressing mix, but I think the kind you mix up has a better flavor.
Want more great copycat Chilis recipes? Check out these taste-alike recipes of Chilis.
Chili’s Southwest Eggrolls – enjoy this restaurant favorite anywhere. These Southwest style egg rolls are delicious.
Smoked Chicken Ingredients
- 8 ounces chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil vegetable oil is ok
Egg Roll filling
- 1 tablespoon olive oil vegetable oil is ok
- 1/4 cup minced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 teaspoons pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 8 7-inch flour tortillas
Avocado Ranch Ingredients
- 1/4 cup smashed fresh avocados (about half of an avocado)
- 1 package Ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
Chicken Breast Instructions
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Brush the olive oil onto the chicken breast. Grill on a medium hot grill. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Chop the chicken into small pieces. Set chicken to the side.
Egg roll filling
- Saute red pepper until just tender. Add the green onion, corn, black beans, and pickled jalapenos to the mixture. Add taco seasoning. Heat through.
- Place equal portions of filing to the tortillas, equal portions of chicken, and top with cheese. Fold in the ends of the tortilla and roll up. Make sure to roll the tortillas very tight. Pin with toothpicks to secure.
Cooking the egg rolls
- In a large pot add enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of the pan by 4 inches. Heat to 350 degrees. Deep fry the egg rolls until they are golden brown. This should take 7 to 8 minutes. When golden remove from oil, and place on a wire rack.
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Prepare a package of Ranch dressing mix with 1/2 cup mayonnaise, and 1/2 cup buttermilk. Add 1/4 cup of mashed avocado to the mixture. Pulse mixture in a blender until the dipping sauce is just blended.