It doesn’t get much better than Bacon Jalapeno Poppers. I pretty much feel that jalapeno poppers are one of the best snacks you can put into your mouth. The hot jalapeno pepper is complemented by a creamy cheesy filling that takes away the heat the moment you put it into your mouth.
My friend Fran Feldman, whom I met a few years back at a food blogger camp made these bacon jalapeno poppers. After a few years, we finally had the chance to cook together during her last pass through Houston.
Fran had mentioned these jalapeno poppers and making them for her co-workers and how they gobbled them up at a party. She made them at an impromptu get together at my house, and we gobbled them up as well.
These bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers are baked, but you could grill them just as easy as you can bake them. What makes them extra special is using a food processor to help process the cheese into a nice blend.
She also added a touch of Worcestershire sauce. This adds so much to the filling. When I later made these, I added a small amount of Chipotle powder. Chipotle is a smoked jalapeno pepper, and I love that they give just the right amount of heat and smoke.
I really recommend using gloves when working with these hot peppers. When slicing so many your hands will be exposed to a lot of hot pepper juice. If you are me, you may touch your face, your eyes, your loved ones, and leave and unpleasant burning sensation.
Bacon Jalapeno Poppers are a fantastic low carb and keto-friendly appetizer and finger food. They are great for game day or anytime you want a tasty snack.
Do you love Bacon? Try these bacon recipes
Frantastic Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
- 1 pound jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheese Cheddar or Mexican blend
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle powder
- 2 pounds bacon
- Latex Gloves - not required but highly recommended
- Preheat oven to 375. Slice jalapenos in half and use a spoon to hull out the middle pith and seeds. The seeds is where the bulk of the heat in the pepper is. If you like them hot, leave some of the seeds inside.
- Into the bowl of a food processor add cream cheese, shredded cheese, Worcestershire sauce, Chipotle powder, and pulse until the mixture is well blended. Fill each jalapeno half with cream cheese blend. Wrap the jalapeno pepper with 1 whole slide of bacon.
- Wrap the popper to where the jalapeno pepper is completely covered. Place poppers in a baking sheet. with a wire rack, or you can use a broiling pan. Bake poppers for approximately 15 minutes or until bacon is browned and crisp. Serve Immediately.