Are you looking for an easy appetizer? This Dried Beef Cheese Ball can be put together in no time at all. Don’t buy one of the premade ones at the grocery store, these are simple to make, and these are easy to make, and one of the best delicious appetizers. This classic recipe is perfect for the holiday season or your next party, simply grab some of your favorite crackers and you are all set!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Cheese balls are perfect for parties
Cheese balls are the perfect appetizer for any party. It’s one of those dishes everyone enjoys. This dried beef cheese ball has been a staple around my house for parties, game nights, and much more. I am a huge fan of appetizers, especially easy appetizers.
Your partygoers will love the meaty flavors of this cream cheese ball. It is a great addition with tangy cream cheese, thin slices of green onions, and a delightful seasoning blend that adds a good flavor. Make your best cheese ball with this easy recipe.
What makes this dried beef cheese ball so good?
This cheese ball is heartier than most, made with dried chipped beef. It’s so easy to make; a child can do it! You can make this chipped beef cheese ball days ahead and use it when needed. It’s a great way to have fun with your kids in the kitchen on a rainy afternoon! You find the dried beef on the canned meats aisle of the grocery store.
Dried beef has more nutritional content than boiled or fried beef, as the drying process does not leech out the nutrients in the meat. However, all dried beef is different, so you might want to look for the Armour or Budding brands. If you are ambitious, you can even make your own.
The ingredients in this dried beef cheese ball are so simple and the flavors in this cheese ball recipe work well together. This is what you need:
- Softened cream cheese – you can use either light cream cheese or full fat cream cheese.
- Dried Beef – you can find a jar of it in the canned meat aisle.
- Green Onions
- Worcestershire Sauce
If you wanted, you could add some shredded cheddar cheese, chipotle powder, or whatever you like. Be inventive!
How to Make a Dried Beef Cheese Ball
- Chop the dried beef into small pieces.
- Place a softened block of cream cheese, Worcestershire Sauce, green onion, and one-third of the dried beef. Add black pepper if desired.
- Stir to combine thoroughly, you can use an electric hand mixer if desired.
- Shape the mixture into a ball.
- Coat the ball with the dried beef pieces.
- Refrigerate the cheese ball until serving.
- For best flavor set it out about 30 minutes before serving time to soften.
Dried Beef Cheese Ball is a low-carb and keto-friendly appetizer with celery, baby bell peppers, or low-carb crackers.
Classic dried beef cheese ball variations
This is a good basic recipe but here are some customizations you might enjoy.
- Dried beef cheese ball with horseradish – you may want to add a teaspoon of prepared horseradish to the cream cheese.
- Dried beef cheese ball with ranch dressing – I recommend adding a teaspoon or two of dry Ranch dressing mix to the cream cheese for a flavor boost.
- Chopped pecans or other chopped nuts – if you have someone that is vegetarian omit the beef, and roll the cheese ball in chopped nuts.
What should you serve with a homemade cheese ball?
Holiday parties, game nights, and homemade charcuterie platters are enhanced with these cheese balls. If you have them in your refrigerator, it’s easy to put together a wonderful snack plate together.
Homemade cheese balls can be served with a variety of crackers like Ritz Crackers, Wheat Thin Crackers, Club Crackers, Triscuits, Water Crackers, or your favorite party crackers.
I have also served these with homemade crostini or toasted baguette slices.
You may want to serve freshly cut veggies like carrots or celery with your homemade goodness.
How long do homemade cheese balls last?
Homemade cheese balls are easy to make, but best of all you can make them a couple of days ahead of time. Simply wrap with plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 3 days before or after serving. I know you are going to love this dried beef cheese ball recipe!
More Cheesy Appetizers
- Homemade Cheeseball
- Melted Cheese Fondue
- The Best Rotel Dip
- Wisconsin Cheese Bites
- Swiss Cheese Bacon Dip
- Liptauer Recipe
- Fresh Market Pimento Cheese
- Skillet Queso
- Best White Queso
Dried Beef Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4.5 ounces dried beef AKA chipped beef
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper (optional)
- Allow the cream cheese to reach room temperature.
- Chop the dried beef into small pieces.
- Ina bowl, combine the cream cheese, Worcestershire Sauce, green onion, andone-third of the dried beef. Add black pepper if desired.
- Shape into a ball, and coat with the dried beef pieces. Chill until needed.
- Set out about 30 minutes before serving time to soften.