Chili’s Monterey Chicken is an easy way to make dinner. A boneless chicken breast, cheese, bacon, and a little bit of barbeque sauce are all you need for this recipe. This recipe was created for one serving, so add accordingly. You can serve this with some rice and salad and you have the perfect meal.
Chili’s Monterey Chicken is an easy way to make dinner. Melted cheese, bacon, and a small amount of barbeque sauce are all you need for this delicious dish. Plus, of course, chicken!
This is a single serving recipe quickly prepared in a skillet. When you serve Chilis Monterey Chicken with rice and a nice salad, you have the perfect meal. Or you could substitute mashed potatoes or another vegetable for the rice.
Table of Contents
The Story of Chili’s
In 1967, Chili’s founder, Larry Lavine attended the first Terlingua Chili Cook-off which was hosted in Terlingua, Texas, by Larry’s father-in-law, Carroll Shelby, the famous race car legend. If you’re not into car racing and aren’t familiar with the story of Carroll Shelby, you can click here to read about it.
Anyway, Larry fell so much in love with chili cook-offs, that he eventually (in 1975) created the first Chili’s Grill & Bar in Dallas.
Curious about the Terlingua Chili Cook-Off? It’s the Superbowl of chili cook-offs and you can read a fun article about it by clicking here.
Chili’s – Among the First of Its Kind
Now we are all used to the world of casual dining. But back in the day, Chili’s was among the pioneers of this informal way of eating out. The first Chili’s had a laid-back atmosphere and, as well as chili, served up mouth-watering gourmet burgers in baskets. It was so popular that a long line of customers would be waiting outside and around the corner.
Present Day Chili’s
Who would have thought it? What started out as a chili and hamburger joint in 1975 would turn into over 1,600 Chili’s in 33 countries. And, did you know that you can buy shares in Chili’s, Inc.? It’s listed on the New York Stock Exchange with an appropriate stock symbol – EAT. Read the full story of Chili’s by clicking here.
Chili’s Monterey Chicken
Everyone needs a few recipes like this one in their life. It tastes just like Chili’s, but you can enjoy it in the comfort of your home, any time you want.
Love Chilis? Be sure to check out these other great recipes from Chilis
- Chilis Chicken Crispers
- Chilis Original Style Chili
- Chilis Margarita Grilled Chicken
- Chilis Southwest Chicken Soup
- Chilis Awesome Blossom Petals
- Chilis Chocolate Brownie Sundae
Chilis Monterey Chicken
- 1 boneless skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 teaspoons Barbeque Sauce Bullseye is recommended
- 2 slices Bacon crispy
- 1/4 cup mixture of Monterey Jack and Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Pound chicken breast until it is somewhat flattened, and season with salt and pepper. Spray Pam in a nonstick skillet, and cook chicken breast until it is done. Transfer to a serving plate. Top chicken breast with Barbeque sauce, bacon, and cheese. Broil chicken breast in the oven, or melt the cheese in a microwave. Sprinkle with a small amount of cold chopped tomatoes and chives.