Sunshine Chicken is a fun boneless chicken recipe to make. This chicken recipe features chicken breast, lemon Jell-O, mustard, and garlic salt to make for one easy and delicious chicken dish your whole family is going to love! Best of all this chicken can be prepared in about 30 minutes.
Are you looking for a meal that everyone will love? This baked chicken recipe is perfect for both children and adults. Kids love the fact that one of the ingredients is lemon gelatin, and the cook loves just how easy this recipe is to make.
Why this Sunshine Chicken tastes so good
The first time I heard about this chicken recipe, I thought, lemon Jell-O must mean that you would have a super sweet chicken. This is not the case at all. The garlic and the mustard combine beautifully with the lemon Jell-O to make for a sophisticated sauce. The butter in the recipe helps make the chicken stay moist during cooking, so you don’t have to worry about dry chicken at all.
This chicken makes its own sauce while it cooks in the oven. You should serve this chicken with a rice pilaf or some buttery mashed potatoes because you won’t want to miss any of this sweet and tangy sauce.
- 1 package lemon-flavored Jell-O 3 ounces
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 pounds boneless skinless breasts halves
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine gelatin, butter, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Brush over both sides of the chicken breasts and place in an ungreased baking dish.
- Sprinkle almonds on top of chicken. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Basting once.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes longer or until done. Serve with rice if desired.
Recipe Tips for the Cook
- You can use either yellow prepared mustard or Dijon mustard.
- To make this dish extra fancy you can top with fresh herbs like chives or fresh parsley
Love easy chicken recipes? Be sure to try some of these simple to make chicken recipes.
Copycat Cracker Barrel Grilled Chicken Tenders
Easy Baked Crispy Chicken – enjoy potato flake encrusted chicken that you bake in the oven.
Buca di Beppo’s Chicken with Lemon – you can make this recipe any night of the week for dinner.