Buca Di Beppo Chicken Limone are chicken breasts pan-seared with a buttery lemon sauce and capers. It’s the perfect light dinner.
Are you looking for the perfect weeknight dinner? I have a solution for you. It’s the copycat recipe for Buca Di Beppo Chicken Limone. A lightly grilled chicken breast is served with a lemon butter sauce with the right touch of capers pares with pasta, mashed potatoes, or even cauliflower rice!
Buca Di Beppo Chicken Limone – the perfect weeknight dinner
This is a very easy dinner to make! Did I mention it takes about 20 minutes to prepare? You can’t go out to take out in 20 minutes!! I slice the chicken breasts in half so they cook more quickly.
You will dredge the chicken in a seasoned flour mixture. By seasoning the chicken breast they pick up the additional flavor and the sauce will really cling to the chicken for a real delight.
You will quickly make a pan sauce by adding chicken broth to the pan to deglaze it. When the liquid reduces you will add butter. This sauce is made without using wine, so it is perfect if you want a pan sauce without alcohol. The sauce is seasoned with lemon juice and capers.
If you want a low-carb dinner, use almond flour instead of all-purpose and serve Chicken Limone with a salad or cauliflower rice. If not, this goes well with mashed potatoes or pasta!
Pan searing chicken tips!
Want to get the perfectly browned piece of chicken?
- Grab your cast iron skillet. They are known for browning meat the best!
- Get the pan hot before placing the chicken in the pan. A hot pan keeps the meat from steaming!
- After you put the meat in the pan, don’t keep touching it, flip it twice only. The brown color happens when the chicken isn’t moved around the pan!
Perfect sides to serve with lemon chicken
- Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
- Low Carb and Keto Friendly Twice Baked Cauliflower
- Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
Buca di Beppo’s Chicken with Lemon
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Combine egg and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small bowl; beat well with a whisk. Combine flour, garlic powder, and paprika in a small bowl; stir well. Put chicken breast between two sheets of waxed paper. Pound until the chicken is flattened and even in thickness.
- Dry the chicken off by patting it with paper towels. The dryer your chicken the more the batter will adhere to the chicken.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture; dredge in flour mixture. Brown chicken in melted butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water. Add bouillon mixture and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to chicken.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 - 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Plate. Garnish with capers and lemon slices.