Buca Di Beppo Chicken Limone are chicken breasts pan-seared with a buttery lemon sauce and capers. It’s the perfect light dinner.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Lemon Chicken Recipe
Are you looking for the perfect weeknight dinner? I have a solution for you. It’s the copycat recipe for Buca Di Beppo Chicken Limone.
A lightly grilled chicken breast is served with a lemon butter sauce with the right touch of capers. This light chicken dish pairs deliciously with pasta, mashed potatoes, or even cauliflower rice!
The Perfect Weeknight Dinner Recipe
This is a very easy dinner to make! Did I mention it takes about 20 minutes to prepare? You can’t go out to get dinner in 20 minutes!!
Chicken Limone Recipe Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Lemon juice
- All-purpose flour
- Garlic powder
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken bouillon
How to Make Chicken Limone (Lemon Chicken)
- Pound out chicken breasts until they are thin and even in thickness.
- Dip the chicken in a mixture of beaten egg and lemon juice.
- You will dredge the chicken in a seasoned flour mixture. By seasoning the chicken breasts, they pick up the additional flavor and the sauce will really cling to the chicken for a real delight.
- Cook the chicken in melted butter.
- Quickly make a sauce by adding chicken broth and lemon juice to the pan. This sauce is made without using wine, so it is perfect if you want a pan sauce without alcohol.
- Cover and cook until the chicken is done.
- Place the chicken and sauce on serving plates. Garnish with capers and lemon slices.
Pan Searing Chicken Tips
Want to get the perfectly browned piece of chicken?
- Grab your cast iron skillet. They are known for browning meat the best.
- Get the pan hot before placing the chicken in the pan. A hot pan keeps the meat from steaming.
- After you put the meat in the pan, resist moving or turning it over too often. Flip it once or twice only. The brown color happens when the chicken isn’t moved around the pan.
CopyKat Tip: Pound chicken breasts thin or slice them in half so they cook quickly.
If you want a low-carb dinner, use almond flour instead of all-purpose flour. Serve Chicken Limone with a salad, cauliflower rice, or zoodles.
Perfect Sides to Serve with Lemon Chicken
- Air Fryer Broccoli
- Old-Fashioned Mashed Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- Steamed Green Beans
- Twice Baked Cauliflower
Favorite Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Francese
- Chicken Katsu
- Chicken Madeira
- Chicken Margherita
- Chicken Romano
- Smoked Beer Can Chicken
- Sweet N Sour Chicken
Buca di Beppo Chicken Limone
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice divided use
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Place the egg and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a small bowl. Whisk until the egg is well beaten.
- Place flour, garlic powder, and paprika in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Put chicken breast between two sheets of waxed paper. Pound the chicken until it is flattened and even in thickness.
- Dry the chicken off by patting it with paper towels. The dryer your chicken, the more the batter will adhere to the chicken.
- Dip the chicken in the egg mixture.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook it 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water.
- Add bouillon mixture and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to chicken.
- Bring to a boil, cover, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Transfer the chicken to serving plates.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish with capers and lemon slices.