This easy baked crispy chicken is made with instant potato flakes. It’s very hard to resist chicken that has a crispy coating! Forget shake and bake, make this easy chicken recipe.
Easy Baked Crispy Chicken – is a delicious dinner!
Are you looking for a new way to prepare chicken? This recipe is super easy, you use potato flakes as a breading for cut up chicken. Instant potato flakes can turn into a crispy breading that your whole family will love.
Seasoning instant potato flakes with garlic powder, steak seasoning, onion powder, paprika and more is a delicious way to flavor chicken.
How to make crispy chicken
By double coating the chicken pieces you will be ready to enjoy delicious oven baked chicken in just about an hour. It’s so hard to resist chicken when it is so easy to make, and oh so delicious to eat.
This recipe is a perfect budget minded dinner. You can often purchase chicken thighs and legs so much cheaper than chicken breasts or wings. Guess what, they taste just as good. I have even purchased leg quarters and given them a quick cut to turn them into legs and thigh pieces to cook.
Thanks to Mrs. Gravedoni we have a wonderfully simple recipe for chicken. Cut up chicken costs less than a package of chicken breast. This recipe is so easy to make instant mashed potato flakes and a few simple ingredients from your spice cabinet you can have dinner easily. Mrs. Gravedone says this easily made crispy baked chicken, very flavorful, and is her husbands favorite.
Special thanks to Mrs. Gravedoni for sharing this recipe. I have enjoyed this so much!
Easy Baked Crispy Chicken
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1 cut up chicken 3 to 4 pounds
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350. Put half stick of butter in pan place in the oven and heat until butter is melted. In a shallow dish combine instant potato flakes, pepper, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt, and steak seasoning.
- Coat chicken in mix, coat with cooking spray and then re-coat with mix. Place in pan with melted butter. Cook 30 minutes. Then turn over and cook for another 30 minutes. Chicken should be taken out when golden brown. Great with mashed potatoes!!!
- You can make this recipe with inexpensive chicken legs and chicken thighs
- Do not overcrowd the pan when placing the chicken parts into the pan.
what about the other half stick of butter?
Put it back in the fridge because you only need 4 oz (Half of a stick) of butter