Benihana’s Magic Mustard sauce is one of the many components of a meal at Benihana. You can make this dipping sauce at home with a few simple ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Benihana Magic Mustard Sauce
Have you ever dined at Benihana? Benihana is a Japanese style restaurant they serve a lovely several course dinner at a hibachi grill. The Magic Mustard is one of the two dipping sauces that are served at the restaurant.
You can prepare this simple to make the mustard sauce at home. The Magic Mustard sauce is typically served with grilled meats. You could have it with chicken, beef, or even shrimp. It’s great with eggrolls too.
There is nothing like a dinner at Benihana’s, for both tasty food, and having your dinner prepared while you watch. This mustard sauce isn’t the traditional Chinese spicy mustard. This sauce is a light sauce that is great to dip a few items into.
Japanese hibachi mustard sauce is exquisite when made fresh, and it can age for a few weeks.
The ingredients for the Benihana Magic Mustard are very simple; dry mustard powder, toasted sesame seeds, soy sauce, and garlic.
How to Make Benihana Mustard Sauce
- In a small bowl, blend mustard and hot water into a paste.
- Pour the paste into a blender container.
- Add remaining ingredients and process mixture for about one minute or until it is smooth.
Love Benihana? Try these Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse recipes!
- Yum Sauce
- Benihana Fried Rice
- Benihana Salad Dressing
- Ginger Salad Dressing Recipe
- Tempura Batter Recipe
- Shrimp Tempura
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tempura
- Chicken Katsu
- Hibachi Steak Recipes
Spicy Dipping Sauces
Benihana’s Magic Mustard Sauce
- 3 tablespoons powdered mustard
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or Tamari Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds — toasted
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- In a small bowl, blend mustard and water into a paste. Pour paste into blender container. Add remaining ingredients and process mixture for about one minute, or until it is smooth.