Red Robin Campfire sauce is the perfect dipping sauce to prepare for French fries, chicken nuggets, or onion rings. You can even drizzle it on a homemade grilled burger. It is so easy to make, and you will be blown away by the taste of this fantastic sauce.
Everyone loves unique sauces for dipping. Chick Fil A has the Chick Fil A Sauce, Smashburger, has the Smashsauce, and Caines has their amazing sauce as well. Red Robin Campfire sauce deserves to be known as one of those sauces everyone loves. And, there are so many ways to use this sauce.
A Smoky Sauce
If you don’t live near a Red Robin, you probably have never enjoyed this sauce in the restaurant. However, you can make it at home in just a matter of minutes. This sauce is a mixture of mayonnaise, inexpensive hickory barbeque sauce, and chipotle pepper. If you have never used chipotle before, you are missing out. Chipotle peppers are jalapeno peppers that have been smoked.
Chipotle peppers are smoked and dried jalapenos. Jalapenos are green for most of the growing season, but turn red in the fall. Chipotle peppers are the perfect way to add small amounts of heat to a dish, and a lot of smoke. Often chipotle peppers are used in Southwestern and Mexican dishes, and they are known for their earthy, smoky taste. It’s a great way to add a deep smoky flavor that does not taste artificial. You can buy chipotle pepper at Target and other stores and you can also find it online.
Red Robin Comes from the Song
In the 1940s, Sam’s Tavern opened in Seattle. Sam, the owner, loved to sing When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin‘ Along with his barbershop quartet. He fell so much in love with this song that he changed the name of his tavern to Sam’s Red Robin. Fast forward to 1980, Red Robin opened its first restaurant outside of Washington State in Portland, Oregon. In 1983, Red Robin hatched its colorful mascot, “Red” and kids started to fall in love with this enchanting robin. Read more about the history of Red Robin by clicking here.
Like a couple of copycat Red Robin drink recipes?
- Red Robin Pickle Nickels
- Red Robin Screaming Zombie Drink– Warning – highly alcoholic!
- Red Robin Freckled Lemonade
Find more copykat dipping sauce recipes below. You are sure to find the sauce from your favorite restaurant.
- >Arby’s Horsey Sauce
- Benihana’s Ginger Dipping Sauce<
- Chick Fil A Sauce
- Chili’s Awesome Blossom Dipping Sauce
- Hooters Special Dipping Sauce
- Joe’s Crab Shack Dipping Sauce
- Outback Steakhouse Dipping Sauce
- Papa John’s Garlic Dipping Sauce
- Raglan Road Guinness Dipping Sauce
- Raising Cane’s Dipping Sauce
- Red Lobster Pina Colada Dipping Sauce
- Smashburger Smashsauce
- Swiss Chalet BBQ Dipping Sauce
- TGI Friday’s Jack Daniels Dipping Sauce
Red Robin Campfire Sauce
Love this sweet and spicy sauce? Make it at home.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup inexpensive hickory smoked barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper
- 3 or 4 drops Worcestershire sauce
Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and stir well.
The sauce is better if you allow it to rest 1 hour before serving.