Chick Fil A Sauce to me, is almost as good as the Chick Fil A sandwich. Now it may be only my opinion, but I believe this recipe, while not the real recipe, tastes like the Chick Fil A sauce.
Be sure to use this sauce with Chick Fil A chicken nuggets.
Home of the famous Chick Fil A Chicken Sandwiches
Chick Fil A is famous for its chicken sandwiches. Its well-known slogan “EAT MOR CHIKIN” is very apt and makes cows happy. Serving a boneless, breaded chicken breast was a novelty for its time – it’s hard to believe, but no other fast food restaurant had a chicken sandwich on its menu.
Truett Cathy, Chick Fil A’s founder, experimented for years to finally arrive at the perfect chicken sandwich in 1964. That capital “A” means “grade A top quality.” Truett’s happy customers told him, “We like it, don’t change it again,” and it never has been. You are going to love this copycat Chick Fil A sauce when you make it at home.
Read more about Chick-Fil-A’s history.
More Yummy with Sauce
A Chick Fil A chicken sandwich is even more delicious when spread with Chick Fil A Sauce. I don’t have access to Chick Fil A’s recipe, but I believe my version tastes just like their sauce and is just as good.
Unfortunately, some people live in a Chick Fil A “desert”. If you don’t have a Chick Fil A around, you can make this famous sauce in your own kitchen and even enjoy it on a Sunday when all Chick Fil A restaurants are closed.
What Makes Chick Fil A Sauce so Good?
The sauce began as a happy accident when an employee who wasn’t paying attention put honey mustard dipping sauce into a dispenser containing barbecue sauce. This combination created something magical and led to the famous Chick Fil A Sauce. Now you can recreate their original sauce at home.
Somehow, this sauce’s blend of honey mustard, barbecue sauce, and mayonnaise is much better than any of those sauces alone. The taste is honey mustard with piquant undertones of barbecue – and the mayonnaise adds a smooth creaminess.
Chick-fil-A Sauce Ingredients – What Chick-fil-A Sauce is made of
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Honey – make sure you use one that is real honey, you want the natural flavor of the honey for this recipe
- Yellow mustard – Use Heinz brand
- Dijon mustard – this will give your sauce some zip to it, the distilled vinegar in this helps the flavor come through.
- Mayonnaise – I personally like Duke’s or Hellman’s, you can use the mayo that you have on hand.
- Barbecue Sauce – I recommend Heinz BBQ Sauce, if you can’t find this, choose a BBQ sauce with hickory flavoring. If you can not find Heinz use something that has a natural hickory smoke flavor.
- Lemon juice – if you don’t have fresh, you could use 1/2 of the recommended amount if you want to substitute lemon juice concentrate
How do you make Chick-fil-a sauce from scratch?
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Refrigerate sauce when not serving.
This sauce will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
Is Chick Fil A Sauce Dairy Free?
Chick Fil A Sauce does not contain milk, cream, or cheese. It does contain mayonnaise.
Is there sauce on Chick-Fil-A sandwiches?
When you order one of their famous chicken sandwiches they come plain. But you can select the sauce you enjoy the most. You may want a sauce with lots of spices, you may want to keep it traditional, or you might enjoy yours plain. True confession here, I ate mine plain for years.
Can You Buy Chick Fil A Sauce?
If you’re like many people and you can’t live without Chick-fil-A Sauce, you can ask for extra when you order at Chick-fil-A. You can also buy the sauce on Amazon along with the chain’s other tasty sauces – Polynesian, Garlic & Herb Ranch, and Zesty Buffalo.
Make Chick Fil A Sauce at Home
It’s super easy and perfect and it is the best copycat dipping sauce recipe for chicken, fries, or whatever else your heart desires.
I hope you give this recipe a try! When you make your sauce at home, you enjoy it even more, when you make it with ingredients you already have on hand. This way, you can eliminate caramel coloring, corn syrup, soybean oil, and more. Best of all, this sauce can be made in a matter of minutes.
Love Chick-Fil-A? Try these copycat recipes!
- Avocado Lime Ranch Dressing
- Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich
- Chick Fil A Mac and Cheese
- Frosted Coffee
- Frosted Lemonade
Best Dipping Sauces
- Burger King Zesty Sauce
- Cocktail Sauce
- Cane Sauce Recipe
- Garlic Butter Sauce
- Red Lobster Coconut Shrimp Sauce
- Red Robin Campfire Sauce
- Thai Peanut Sauce
- Yum Yum Sauce
Chick Fil A Sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Barbecue Sauce Heinz Classic Original Barbecue Sauce is recommended
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate the sauce when not serving.