Step into any Chick Fil A restaurant, and it is hard not to feel happy. Sure, it may be the family-friendly vibe or the exceedingly lovely people who work there, but the mouthwatering food they serve doesn’t hurt a bit.
How anyone can visit one of the chain’s restaurants without picking up a Chick Fil A sandwich is beyond me. This easy-to-make Chick Fil A sandwich recipe will impress your entire family. Perhaps the best part is now you can have this classic chicken sandwich any day you want, even on Sundays!
Breading Doesn’t Have to Be a Messy Job!
Don’t skip this Chick Fil A recipe just because it calls for bread. You can bread your chicken breasts without getting your hands full of glop and your kitchen covered in flour if you follow the wet-hand / dry-hand breading method.
The wet-hand / dry-hand breading method requires three wide and shallows in a line and a cooking sheet at the end of the row. Use a bowl or a plate to set the chicken in after removing from the marinade. Then line up the bowl with seasoned flour. Finally place the wire rack for the chicken to rest on after they have been battered. Use one hand shake off the excess marinade. Use your other hand to dredge the chicken.
- Now use your other hand to get both sides of the chicken covered in seasoned flour.
- Gently lay the chicken down on a wire rack with the same hand you coated the chicken with seasoned flour.
Let the breaded chicken sit for about 5 minutes so the coating sets before frying.
Tips For Cooking and Serving a Chick Fil A Sandwich
- Toast your buns. There is nothing worse than soggy buns when you’re enjoying a crunchy chicken sandwich. It is worth your time to spend an extra few minutes getting them hot and crispy. Put a heavy-bottom pan over medium-low heat. Spread a thin layer of softened butter or mayonnaise on the inside of each bun half. Place the buns cut-side down in the pan and wait until they are golden brown. Rotate the buns to brown evenly.
- Use a thermometer to make sure your chicken is cooked. It is easy to undercook chicken when it is breaded. Your chicken needs to be at least 165 before taking it our to rest 3 to 5 minutes on a paper towel-lined rack before serving. Prevent the crust from burning while the chicken remains raw by allowing the chicken to come up to room temperature before frying. Let the oil return to the correct temperature between batches for the best results.
Are you ready for the complete Chick Fil A dining experience at home? Check out these other recipes:
- Chick Fil A Mac and Cheese
- Chick Fil A Frosted Lemonade
- Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets
- Copycat Chick Fil A Sauce
Don’t miss out on what may be your next favorite recipe. Follow us on Instagram to see what we are up to every day.
Chick Fil-A Chicken Sandwich
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- peanut oil for frying You can use vegetable oil
Chicken Marinade Instructions
- Place cool water in a bowl add 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, and dissolve bouillon cubes in the mixture. Place chicken breast in water, mix, cover, and place in the refrigerator for 12 hours or the next day.
Chicken Batter Instructions
- Pour off chicken marinade and discard, you can not use it again.
- In a shallow bowl combine all-purpose flour, cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Shake off excess marinade and dredge chicken into the seasoned flour.
- Rest the battered chicken breast on a wire rack and allow them to rest for a few minutes.
Cooking the chicken
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a deep fryer, or a large pot. If you are using a large pot, add enough oil so the oil is 4 inches deep.
- Cook the chicken for 7 to 8 minutes or until the chicken has browned and has an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Drain the chicken on a clean wire rack.
Assemble the sandwiches
- Melt the butter, and brush the butter on the hamburger buns.
- Lay one chicken sandwich down on each hamburger bottom.
- Top with 2 dill pickles, then the top bun.