Easy weeknight chicken Parmesan is perfect for when you have to put dinner on the table, and you want something simple to put together that tastes good. It only takes 30 minutes to make!
You can quickly make oven baked chicken Parmesan. It doesn’t get easier than this to make a delicious dinner!
There are always a few ingredients that I have in the pantry, spaghetti sauce in the jar. While sometimes I make spaghetti sauce from scratch, I also sometimes need to put together a meal when I have gotten home from a long day, and it beats re-heating something that came pre-packaged and out of the freezer.
Defrost chicken quickly and safely – No Microwave needed.
I always keep a few frozen chicken breasts in the freezer. I love the individually wrapped ones because I can defrost those quickly in a sink of warm water. I stick a plate on top of the frozen chicken breasts and wait about 15 minutes, and the chicken is fully defrosted.
Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan – Preparation is easy!
I slice the chicken breasts in half if they are super thick, this keeps the portions under control, and also aids in the cooking time!
Then I pour a jar of pasta sauce on top, and sprinkle on some Italian cheese blend or Mozzarella cheese, and then I toss everything into the oven. It doesn’t get easier than this!
Oven baked chicken Parmesan is perfect for special diets
One additional benefit of this recipe is that it is low-fat, and low in calories. There is no breading and nothing is fried, so it’s also gluten-free. Can’t have dairy, omit the cheese!
Love Weeknight Easy Dinners? Get this trecipe
Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts 4 portions
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce - I used Barilla Arrbbiata
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray non-stick spray in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- If the chicken is very thick slice in half horizontally. Season chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper, place chicken in baking dish.
- Top chicken breasts with sauce, cover chicken breasts completely. Bake chicken breasts for approximately 20 minutes, remove chicken from oven.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. You may add Mozzarella cheese if you like. To brown the cheese, turn your oven on broil and broil until the cheese turns brown, this may only take a minute or two.
- Serve with pasta tossed with pesto sauce.
- You can prepare this recipe with boneless pork chops.