Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas are a wonderful dinner for a weeknight. Enchiladas are perfect when you have some leftover cooked chicken. These creamy enchiladas aren’t too spicy, so they are perfect for the whole family.
Have you ever had some leftover cooked white chicken? Enchiladas are the perfect way to use up cooked chicken, and if you want you could use dark meat, it’s completely up to you. If you have ever been to Costco, those Rotisserie are so hard to pass up, and if you can’t enjoy your chicken in one sitting, I love to peel off the meat, and then use the carcass for chicken stock, and I have taken the meat and made wonderful chicken enchiladas with them.
This recipe starts out with a can of enchilada sauce you can find in the grocery store. Canned enchilada sauce is a great way to start a recipe, you can use either red or green chili sauce, it’s completely up to you.
These chicken enchiladas with cream cheese will be perfect for your dinner. You can make these up in very little time, and they taste great. Better yet, they even reheat well. So if you need to make a meal ahead, this may be the perfect choice for you.
No matter if you like red or even green enchilada sauce we have you covered with this recipe.
Cream Cheese Chicken Enchilada Ingredients
Here is what you need to make the enchiladas:
- Pre-cooked chicken – rotisserie or chicken breasts that were not breaded
- Cream cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Chili powder
- Green chilies
- Red or green enchilada sauce
How to Make Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
In a large skillet, stir together chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, a portion of the Cheddar cheese, onion, chilies, and seasonings. Heat until cheeses are melted and the mixture is creamy.
Coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
Place a heaping scoop of the chicken mixture on a tortilla. Roll and place seam side down in the baking dish.
Repeat until all the filling is used.
Pour enchilada sauce on top of rolled tortillas. Top with remaining Cheddar cheese if desired.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas made Easy
These enchiladas are super easy to prepare, and since they are mild they are perfect for people who do not like food that is too spicy. This enchilada recipe is family-friendly. Forget Taco Tuesday, this is a tasty Mexican dish to make any day of the week!
Looking for more Mexican Goodness? Try these recipes
- Mexican Restaurant Style Refried Beans
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Rice Recipe
- Frijoles a la Charra
- Taco Bell Enchiladas
- Taco Bell Wraps
- Homemade Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Authentic Cheese Enchiladas
- Creamy Turkey Enchiladas
- McDonalds Burrito
- Crockpot Chicken and Black Beans
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Thanks to Julie Doellingen for the inspiration of this recipe.
Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas
- 2 cups pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 10 tortillas
- 20 ounces red or green enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- De-bone chicken, and shred chicken into small pieces, if you don't have a rotisserie chicken you can use 3 to 4 cooked chicken breasts.
- In a large skillet, combine chicken, cream cheese cubes, sour cream, chilies, chopped onion, seasonings, and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Heat until the cheeses are completely melted.
- Coat baking pan with cooking spray. Scoop a heaping spoonful of chicken mixture onto tortilla, roll, and place it into the pan with seam side down.
- Repeat until all of the filling is used. Pour enchilada sauce over the rolled tortillas.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of enchiladas and bake at 350 uncovered for 20-25 minutes.