Crockpot Chicken with Black beans in Cream Cheese Sauce is the perfect answer to an easy meal to prepare in your crockpot. You will love how easy and just how tasty crockpot chicken can be.
Are you always on the search for easy chicken recipes for the slow cooker? Sometimes you just don’t have a long time to prepare a meal. The right ingredients in your crockpot meals you will have a tasty meal your whole family will enjoy!
Why this crockpot chicken recipe works so well.
Crockpot Chicken with Black beans in Cream Cheese Sauce is perfect for those folks who love rich flavor. This recipe starts with a jar of salsa. A jar of salsa packs a lot of flavors. Also in this recipe is cream cheese to help make the final sauce have just the right amount of heat. The black beans and corn help to finish up this recipe to make it filling.
How long should you cook Crockpot Chicken with Black beans
I like to cook this for about 4 hours on high, and six hours on low. If you use fresh chicken, you can cut the cooking times in half.
Crockpot Chicken with Black beans in Cream Cheese Sauce
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken breasts
- 15 ounces black beans 1 can
- 15 ounces corn 1 can
- 20 ounces salsa any kind
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Take 4-5 frozen, yes, frozen, boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot.
- Add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained.
- Cook in crockpot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
- Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour. All done and enjoy!
- Need to make your stretch, shred the chicken or cut it into pieces
- Love spicy food? You can use medium or hot salsa for this recipe.
- This recipe reheats very well, so it's perfect to bring to lunch.
- You can add in some chopped onion for additional flavor.
Has anyone tried this without the cream cheese???
I haven’t tried it this way.
made this last night. Everyone LOVED it! We made soft tacos with it…awesome!
I made this a few years ago and it was a total hit with my family and very good.
I have made this many times and it is soooo good! I shred the leftovers and serve in tortillas.
This is a great recipe for chicken enchilada’s…Our house loved it.
This recipe has an extremely high ratio of tastiness to cooking effort. It took 5 minutes to throw everything into the crock pot, then I didn’t touch it for the whole afternoon.
Really surprised how the chicken came out – I expected the salsa to soak into it like a marinade, but they stayed tender and juicy. After the cream cheese is stirred in, the sauce looks like vomit, but we couldn’t stop eating it and had no leftovers.
Will be making this again soon.
My KIDS are very picky eaters and just about the only thing they eat is chicken, We were getting sick and tired of chicken so I found this recipe and we all enjoyed it even the kids as I was nervous b3ecause of the salsa they wouldn’t eat it they didn’t even know it was in there.
I made a side of steamed rice and put the chicken on top, as it was so tender it just broke into bite size pieces, it also was so juicy… excellent recipe 5 stars for sure!!!