The Green Jacket Salad is a well-known salad served in Augusta at the Augusta Georgia’s Grand Golf Course. This salad with crisp lettuce, toasted pita chips, and tangy vinaigrette salad dressing is a combination you will want again and again. Make this salad and dressing in minutes.
Nothing beats a freshly made salad when combined with a homemade salad dressing, you have a match made in heaven. This is a wonderful light salad that was once served by the famed Green Jacket restaurant across from Augusta Georgia’s Grand Golf Course (cannot mention the name).
The restaurant is now closed and this recipe is always in high demand. With so many people who visit from out of town the first week in April during the tournament, I am sure there are those out there that have tried this salad, loved it and would like to have the recipe.
Green Jacket Salad and Dressing – what makes this so special?
The salad is unique, and I feel it is because it has a tangy salad dressing. Many salad dressings are often sweet, but I think the combination of green onions, tomatoes, and red wine vinegar really sets a unique base for this salad dressing. The crispy and crunchy pita chips that top this salad really adds a nice touch.
How to make this tangy vinaigrette.
If you have never made a homemade salad dressing, you will find it so easy you will wonder why you have not made one previously. Want to eliminate preservatives, artificial ingredients, or ingredients you can’t pronounce? Make homemade salad dressing. This salad dressing contains:
- green onions
- chopped tomatoes
- seasoned salt
- fresh parsley
You will simply whisk all of these ingredients together in a small bowl, and this salad dressing is ready immediately!
Enjoy this well-known classic Green Jacket Salad and Dressing recipe today!
Green Jacket Salad and Dressing
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil you can use olive oil
- 1 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons accent
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- Pita Bread Croutons (Plain)
- 1/2 head of lettuce
- To make croutons, separate pita bread, tear into small pieces and brown slightly in the oven until bread is crisp. Do this just before serving so that they will be warm when serving. After you chop the tomatoes "squish" them in your hands so as to get the juice of the tomato out into the mixture, then put pulp and juice into the bowl.
- Mix all ingredients except the tomatoes. Mix well. Shred lettuce place in a large bowl, place chopped tomatoes on the lettuce. Mix together well. Pour the salad dressing on top of the lettuce. Place pita chips on top.