Don’t let the plain title of this recipe fool you. This has to be one of my favorite recipes that I have come across. Cream cheese, garlic powder, green onions, and Vermouth, make for a heavenly dinner. Finally a use for Vermouth other than making martinis. This recipe is from Toni’s Simply the Best cookbook.
Are you ever looking for a great chicken recipe to put together? This recipe contains boneless skinless chicken breasts that are grilled. The chicken is then topped with a cream cheese sauce that features both garlic and Vermouth. This combination is heavenly, and it is super easy to put together, so a fancy dinner can be put together in minutes.
Hands down this is one of my favorite chicken breast recipes. This sauce is rich and perfect when served up with pasta. You don’t have to be an experienced cook to put together a rich sauce. The garlic and the Vermouth do all of the work for you. I will serve chicken this way at a party, or even during an ordinary night of the week.
Looking for more ideas for chicken? Be sure to check out these recipes
Cream Cheese Chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion for garnish
- Brown seasoned chicken breasts in butter in heavy skillet, cooking until just barely done; 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Pour dry vermouth in same skillet, deglazing by stirring and scraping up the browned bits from cooking the chicken, and cooking 3 minutes. Add garlic powder.
- Whisk in softened cream cheese. (Add a little chicken stock or milk if you feel it is too thick – sauce should be consistency of heavy cream.) Return chicken, with any accumulated juices to the pan. Check seasoning. Spoon some sauce over chicken garnishing with green onion. Pass extra sauce.