Don’t let the plain title of this recipe fool you. This has to be one of my favorite recipes that I have come across. Cream cheese, garlic powder, green onions, and Vermouth, make for a heavenly dinner. Finally a use for Vermouth other than making martinis. This recipe is from Toni’s Simply the Best cookbook.
Are you ever looking for a great chicken recipe to put together? This recipe contains boneless skinless chicken breasts that are grilled. The chicken is then topped with a cream cheese sauce that features both garlic and Vermouth. This combination is heavenly, and it is super easy to put together, so a fancy dinner can be put together in minutes.
Hands down this is one of my favorite chicken breast recipes. This sauce is rich and perfect when served up with pasta. You don’t have to be an experienced cook to put together a rich sauce. The garlic and the Vermouth do all of the work for you. I will serve chicken this way at a party, or even during an ordinary night of the week.
Looking for more ideas for chicken? Be sure to check out these recipes
Cream Cheese Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions for garnish
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet.
- Add the chicken breasts and brown them on each side until just barely done, 8 to 10 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Pour the dry vermouth into the same skillet and stir, deglazing the pan by scraping up any browned bits. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder and whisk in the softened cream cheese. The sauce should be the consistency of heavy cream. Add a little chicken stock or milk if it’s too thick.
- Return the chicken with any accumulated juices to the pan. Check for seasoning.
- To serve, spoon some sauce over the chicken and garnish with green onions. Serve with extra sauce on the side.