Keto Oven Roasted Broccoli and Cheese is the perfect side dish to make when you want a low carb side dish.
Are you on a low carb diet? This Oven roasted broccoli and cheese may be just the side dish for you. Sometimes you really crave familiar favorites like broccoli with cheese sauce. Cheese sauce has carbs in it. This recipe simply removes the sauce, and you have lots of great cheese to make this oven roasted broccoli and cheese.
Where did roasted broccoli and cheddar cheese recipe come from?
This recipe comes from a friend of mine, who has been living low carb for quite a while. Oven roasted broccoli is a staple at their house. Broccoli is lightly steamed before it is placed on a lined sheet pan. You can sprinkle seasonings of your choice on there, I am partial to a touch of salt and some garlic powder. The broccoli is topped with cheddar cheese, and it is baked for about 15 minutes until the cheese is fully cooked.
You could also make this recipe with frozen broccoli as well. Costco sells frozen broccoli in large bags that are perfect for a quick and easy side dish. If you use frozen broccoli you will not need to steam the broccoli before you prepare this dish. Frozen broccoli is already lightly cooked.
Looking for more low carb recipes? Try some of these
Keto Friendly Oven Roasted Broccoli
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam broccoli lightly by placing it in a large bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water. Microwave for about 4 minutes. OR you can steam with you instant pot for about 2 minutes. The broccoli does not need to have cooked all of the way through.
- Place broccoli on a baking sheet that has been lined with either parchment paper or foil. Bunch up the broccoli close together. This way the cheese will stay on the broccoli and not the pan.
- Season broccoli with salt and garlic powder.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese melts.