Panda Express Broccoli Beef is one of those dishes that you can serve to almost anyone. People love beef, and this turns broccoli into a dish that most anyone will eat.
I am going to suggest a slight change in the way to make this dish. I would like you to steam your broccoli a bit before placing into the stir-fry. This will make sure your broccoli is done thoroughly. Also, you can use flank steak, sirloin, or even filet. I find filet to be much less expensive at Asian markets than in regular grocery stores. The trick here is to slice the beef nice and thin.
One thing that I really love about stir-fry dishes is that you can put them together so quickly. I mean in literally no time you can put together this dish and have dinner on the table in about the time that it will take you to cook up the rice. I like to use a lean piece of beef for this. I personally will use what is on sale, and I will generally choose from flank steak when you cut it against the grain of the meat, sirloin, or some people may even like to use filet. Just be sure to cut it very thin and we are ready to get started.
Some of these sauces you may not have in your pantry, such as oyster sauce, but I promise if you give it a try you may be making more stir-fry dishes so you can use it in the future. Rice wine is a great dish for any stir fry or to make Asian inspired sauces. The remaining ingredients you should already have in your pantry.
Do you love Panda Express? Check out these Panda Express Copycat Recipes
Panda Express Broccoli Beef
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Beef and Broccoli
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons seasoned wok oil, or other high heat oil such as grapeseed plus a splash of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Instructions Prepare finishing sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside. Cut the flank steak extremely thin and place in a bowl. Mix together the cornstarch and rice wine and pour over the steak pieces. Stir well to coat all the meat. Marinate the meat for about 15 minutes.
- While the steak is marinating, steam the broccoli just until it turns bright green. Remove the broccoli from the steamer. Do not cook it all the way to tender; it will finish cooking while it is stir-fried. Heat wok or large skillet until it is hot. Pour in oil and swirl it around. Lay out meat in one layer and let it cook until browned. Turn over the beef slices, add the garlic and ginger, and mix around quickly. Add the broccoli. Give the finishing sauce a quick stir and pour it over the beef and broccoli. Stir everything together until the sauce thickens. Serve over rice.