Panda Express Firecracker Chicken is a great way to prepare chicken. Panda Express makes a lot of excellent American-style Chinese food. You can recreate this popular dish at home.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Panda Express makes small batches of your favorite dishes all day long. Firecracker Chicken is one of their most popular recipes.
This chicken recipe is lighter than many of the dishes they are known for. The chicken is not battered and deep-fried. It is stir-fried so it is a great way to save on calories.
Make amazing Firecracker Chicken at home
This recipe has one unique ingredient that gives this dish its special flavor. You need to use douchi, which is fermented black beans. These fermented black beans are available in many Asian markets. They are also available on Amazon. Order these beans on Amazon.com.
Other specialty ingredients you need are seasoned rice vinegar, rice cooking wine, and cornstarch. If you have these ingredients on hand, you can make all sorts of American-Chinese food at home.
Some grocery stores sell a lot of the vegetables for sale already chopped or sliced. You may want to consider purchasing sliced vegetables to help you save time.
Panda Express Firecracker Chicken can be put together in very little time. It is packed with all sorts of fresh vegetables, so you are going to have one delicious meal you can prepare in no time.
Do You Love Panda Express? Check out these recipes
- Panda Express Chow Mein
- Panda Express Beef Broccoli
- Panda Express Cream Cheese Wontons
- Panda Express Honey Walnut Shrimp
Copycat Panda Express Firecracker Chicken
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon rice cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons seasoned wok oil or peanut oil
- 8 hot peppers you can use less if you like it less spicy
- 2 teaspoons garlic chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger chopped
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 pound boneless, skinless, chicken breast - cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons douchi or 1 1/2 teaspoons black bean sauce
- In a small bowl, make the finishing sauce by combining the soy sauce, seasoned rice vinegar, rice cooking wine, sugar, and cornstarch. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- Heat your wok over high heat until it begins to smoke. Add the seasoned wok oil or peanut oil. When the oil is hot, add the hot dried peppers and toss them around for about 30 seconds. Add in the chopped garlic and ginger to the wok. Saute briefly, add the sliced bell peppers and onion, and stir-fry until they are softened. Add the chicken and douchi and stir-fry until the chicken has browned. Pour in the finishing sauce and stir-fry until the sauce has thickened.