Panera’s broccoli cheddar soup is a favorite of so many of us. This creamy, broccoli cheddar soup is perfect for a hearty lunch. This is easy to make—just take frozen broccoli, fresh carrots, and two types of cheese to make this soup. You can purchase bread bowls from the grocery store—then you will have broccoli cheese soup just like at Panera Bread.
About Panera Bread Restaruant
Panera Bread is a bakery-café chain of casual restaurants in the United States and Canada. There are currently more than 1,900 Panera Bread bakery-cafés offering soups, pasta, sandwiches, salads, bakery items, and specialty drinks. The name Panera is a Spanish word that means bread basket or bread box. To find out all the things you may not know about Panera Bread, click here.
Panera’s Homemade Soups
Panera Bread is especially known for their delicious homemade-tasting soups which change daily. Their soups use only high-quality ingredients and you can even have your soup served up in a fat, round, crunchy bread bowl.
Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Panera’s Broccoli Cheddar soup is a favorite with lots of us and my recipe copycats the fresh ingredients and flavors of this popular dish. There are fresh carrots and onions in here, but for the broccoli, you can use fresh or frozen if you wish. Frozen is often more convenient because it’s already chopped up. Whichever way you go, you’ll end up with a rich, creamy soup that’s perfect for a hearty lunch and warming the soul. You are going to love this copycat Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe.
What to Serve With Your Soup
I love to serve this style of soup with popovers or fresh yeast rolls with butter. Or, with a thick soup like this one, you can serve it in bread bowls just like Panera does. You can buy bread bowls from some stores.
How to reheat your soup
If you have leftover soup and need to reheat it, just add a little milk because it may have thickened in your refrigerator.
A Perfect Family Soup
Panera broccoli cheese soup is so easy to duplicate, you can put it together in no time. Try this recipe—it tastes just like it does in the restaurant.
More Panera Bread Recipes
If you enjoy Panera Bread recipes, you can find more, including soups, by clicking on the links below.
Panera Bread Honey Walnut Cream Cheese Spread
French Onion Bistro Soup
Baked Potato Soup
Panera Bread Copycat Recipes
Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped white onions
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 16 ounces chopped broccoli frozen
- 16 ounces American cheese Velveeta
- 29 ounces low-sodium chicken broth 2 cats
- 1 cup carrots Julianne cut, or shredded
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and onions. Cook for about a minute, then slowly add the half-and-half, about 1/4 cup at a time, whisking until thickened and smooth. When all of the half-and-half is incorporated, add the broccoli and processed cheese.
- When the cheese is completely melted, add the chicken broth 1 cup at a time, stirring occasionally, until soup is well mixed and has a consistent texture. Add the carrots and simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir in the cheddar cheese and cook for 10 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve when all the cheese is fully melted and blended through.