Panera Bread Baked Potato Soup is a wonderful creamy soup that will warm your soul. It is filled with cream cheese, potato chunks, and bits of smoky bacon. You will soon fall in love with this recipe.
Panera Bread makes delicious Baked Potato Soup
Panera Bread is known for its wonderful soups. Every day they serve up many different types of soup. Their Broccoli Cheddar soup is amazing. Their baked potato soup is also very nice. For me, there is nothing like a good old-fashioned bowl of potato soup. Are you ever looking for a good potato soup recipe? This may be the perfect one for you, too.
This recipe has very common ingredients in this recipe. You will need chicken stock, chicken base, potatoes, cream cheese, salt, pepper, crispy bacon, and more. This soup recipe is perfect if you are looking for a bowl of comforting soup, or even if you are looking for a hearty lunch. You will enjoy either way.
If you have never used a chicken base before you will find it a good ingredient for this recipe. Soup bases are sold in most grocery stores near the bullion. Soup bases are pastes that have more flavor and less salt, they are wonderful to cook with. I also suggest you use a low sodium stock for this soup. It may get salty by the time we layer the stock, the soup base, and bacon. I also like to use real bacon bits for this recipe. I think they work a little bit better than freshly cooked bacon. They are leaner, and the bacon is added to the soup. This helps the smokey flavor incorporate better in the soup than just sprinkling bacon bits over the top.
While Panera Bread does not do this, you may want to garnish your soup with some grated cheese, fresh chives, and a dollop of sour cream.
Do you love Panera Bread soup recipes? Check out these copycat Panera Bread copycat recipes.
Panera Bread Baked Potato Soup
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons chicken soup base
- 2 pounds potatoes scrubbed, peeled, and diced
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- In a medium-sized pot add cubed potatoes, chicken stock, and soup base. Cook potatoes in stock over medium heat for about 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. In a large pot heat butter over medium heat until it melts, add onions, garlic, and saute until the onions are translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over the butter, and cook for a minute or two. The butter and flour mixture should become fragrant. Add potato and chicken stock by 1 cup increments and stir until soup mixture is well blended.
- Continue until the all of the potatoes and stock are added. Add the cream cheese, and stir until it has melted. Add salt, black pepper, chives, and bacon bits. If desired garnish soup with shredded cheese, bacon bits, and sour cream.