Panera Honey Walnut Cream Cheese is an amazing spread for bagels. I think one of the reasons bagels taste so much better when you go out is due to the toppings you can get for them.
Panera Bagels and Cream Cheese Spreads
I think one reason bagels taste so much better when you go out is due to what you can spread on top of them. Flavored cream cheese spreads are quite delicious, but they can make your bagel be expensive. Panera Honey Walnut Cream Cheese Spread is an amazing topping for bagels, and now you can easily make this copycat recipe at home and save some money.
I love the way the Panera Honey Walnut Cream Cheese tastes. It has a rich sweetness of honey, a crunch of walnuts, and just a touch of cinnamon. It’s the perfect spread on your bagel any time of day.
The cream cheese Panera uses is Neufchatel, a lighter variety of cream cheese. When whipped, it is the ideal light and fluffy topping on a bagel.
New York City is known for the best bagels, and Panera Bread bagels are inspired by that tradition. Their sourdough-based bagels have a depth of flavor that comes from the highest-quality ingredients and a proven process. What’s your favorite bagel? You are sure to find it at Panera see what types of bagels Panera has.
Which Panera bagel goes best with this Panera cream cheese spread? It’s really down to your personal preference. A cinnamon swirl and raisin bagel is the perfect complement to a honey cream cheese spread.
However, you might want to add some chocolate with a chocolate chip bagel or a taste of blueberries with a blueberry bagel. There is just no one-taste-for-everybody bagel!
If you love another great schmear for your bagel, try my copycat recipe for Zabar’s Cream Cheese Spread.
Here’s what you need to make honey walnut cream cheese:
- Cream cheese
- Brown Sugar
Tips for Making Flavored Cream Cheese
I suggest that you allow the cream cheese to reach room temperature before starting the recipe. It will make the cheese softer and easy to whip in all the flavors.
If you want to add another nice touch, you can toast the walnuts in a skillet for just a moment or two and allow them to cool. Toasting the nuts brings out the natural oils, and you will have an amazing flavor.
How to Make Panera Honey Walnut Cream Cheese Spread
- Allow cream cheese to get to room temperature.
- Stir together cream cheese, honey, molasses, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add chopped walnuts and stir to combine.
Store flavored cream cheese in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
Serve with bagels and enjoy!
Love Panera Bread? Try these copycat recipes
- Copycat Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Panera Apple Muffin Recipe
- How to Make Panera Mac and Cheese
- Vegetarian Autumn Squash Soup Panera
Savory Cream Cheese Recipes
- How to Make Scallion Cream Cheese
- Cream Cheese Clam Dip
- Cream Cheese and Sausage Dip
- Chicken Cream Cheese Enchiladas Recipe
- DIY Cream Cheese
Sweet Cream Cheese Recipes
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Dessert
- Cream Cheese Cookie
- Easy Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Panera Honey Walnut Cream Cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- If you wish, toast the walnuts in a skillet over medium-high heat until they just turn fragrant. Watch the skillet closely – there is a short time between the nuts being toasted and burnt. Take the nuts off the heat and allow them to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, honey, molasses, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir until all of the ingredients are well blended.
- Stir the walnuts into the honey cream cheese.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.