Sweet Tomatoes is known for the Sweet Tomatoes Joan’s Broccoli Madness Salad, even if you don’t like broccoli, I imagine you may enjoy this delicious salad.
Sweet Tomatoes is also known as Soup Plantation in areas of the country. This restaurant is a fantastic salad bar; they serve up all sorts of homemade soups, bread, salads, and so much more. You are bound to love this restaurant with everything made in house and super fresh all day along.
If you are looking for a straightforward salad to prepare, this one requires no cooking. Who doesn’t love a simple salad to put together? What I love about this salad is that you can assemble it ahead of time, and it will taste wonderful later. If you want to make the salad vegetarian, you may want to switch to a vegan mayonnaise, and not add the crispy bacon bits that go into this salad.
The Sweet Tomatoes Joans Broccoli Madness Salad, if you have not tried it before contains fresh broccoli, diced red onions, raisins, cashews, and crispy bacon bits. To this, you will make a quick and easy salad dressing that you may enjoy so much you may want to use it as a salad dressing for cole slaw.
This broccoli salad can be put together so quickly, and it stays in the refrigerator for a couple of days wonderfully, so it is the ideal salad to make ahead of time. It is a hearty salad so that it will make a lovely accompaniment to your next barbecue for as a side dish.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you may enjoy other easy to put together salad recipes.
Sweet Tomatoes 100% Whole Wheat Creamy Chipotle Salad
Captain D’s Cole Slaw
Smokey Italian Bwowl Salad
Homemade Broccoli Salad
Sweet Tomatoes Southern Dill Salad
Sweet Tomatoes Joan's Broccoli Madness Salad
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 pounds broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup cooked bacon bits
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- In a large bowl mix together mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, and sugar, beat with a whisk until the sugar has dissolved. Add broccoli, cashews, raisins, bacon bits, and red onion. Fold in the broccoli until it is evenly coated with the salad dressing. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.