Homemade Pea Salad with Bacon is a summertime classic salad, but you can enjoy this pea salad with bacon at any time of year.
Green Pea Salad
Homemade Pea Salad with Bacon is one of my favorite salads for the summer. It’s easy and quick to put together.
Chances are you have many of the ingredients already in your pantry. Who doesn’t love a salad this is easy and quick to put together?
American Cheese is the Secret to Sweet Pea Salad
The cubed American cheese is an addition that I just love. Luby’s Cafeteria cubes their American cheese when they put it in salads. Small cubes of cheese add a lot of flavor and look so attractive as you can see the bits of cheese sprinkled throughout the salad.
Another special ingredient is smoked paprika. Smoked Paprika gives salads a great smokey flavor. You can use smoked paprika in steak rubs, or seasoned flour.
Pea Salad Recipe Ingredients
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika
- Frozen peas
- Red onion
- Deli American cheese
How to Make Pea Salad with Bacon
- Combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika in a large bowl.
- Put the mixture in a bowl with frozen peas, onion, cheese, and bacon. Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate the salad in an airtight container for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Tips for Making Delicious Pea Salad
I believe the best flavor comes from mixing the seasonings into the mayonnaise before the remaining ingredients are stirred in. When you stir the seasonings into the dressing you really incorporate the seasonings fully this way.
After the seasonings are mixed in, you will want to add in the remaining ingredients and stir until the English pea salad is blended well.
For the best flavor, be sure to cover the salad and refrigerate it for a few hours before serving. When you allow the salad to rest before serving the flavors really come out and the salad tastes even better.
Love this salad? You may enjoy these recipes
- Broccoli Salad with Cheese
- Cucumber Onion Salad
- Grape Salad with Cream Cheese
- Ham Salad
- Homemade Macaroni Salad
- Joan’s Broccoli Madness
- Three Bean Salad
- Waldorf Salad
Favorite Side Dish Recipes
Pea Salad with Bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 24 ounces frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup diced American cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked and diced bacon
- Place mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Add frozen peas, red onion, cheese, and bacon. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the salad to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Pea salad is best when refrigerated overnight before being served.