Homemade Pea Salad with Bacon is a summertime classic salad, but you can enjoy this pea salad with bacon at any time of year.
Homemade Pea Salad with Bacon is one of my favorite salads for the summer, it’s easy and quick to put together. Chances are you have many of these ingredients already in your pantry. Who doesn’t love a salad this is easy and quick to put together.
American Cheese – the secret to delicious homemade pea salad
The cubed American cheese is an addition that I just love. Luby’s Cafeteria cubes their American cheese when they put it in salads. Small cubes of cheese add a lot of flavor and look so attractive as you can see the bits of cheese sprinkled throughout the salad.
Another special ingredient is smoked paprika. Smoked Paprika gives salads a great smokey flavor. You can use smoked paprika in steak rubs, or seasoned flour.
Ingredients for pea salad
This recipe has frozen peas, red onions, mayonnaise, and seasonings. This salad has a unique touch with the added bacon and American cheese.
Tips for making delicious homemade pea salad
I believe the best flavor comes from mixing the seasonings into the mayonnaise before the remaining ingredients are stirred in. When you stir the seasonings into the dressing you really incorporate the seasonings fully this way.
After the seasonings are mixed in, you will want to add in the remaining ingredients and stir until the salad is blended well. For the best flavor be sure to cover the salad and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. When you allow the salad to rest before serving the flavors really come out, and the salad tastes even better.
Love this salad? You may enjoy these other recipes
- Homemade Macaroni Salad
- Sweet Tomatoes Joans Broccoli
- Tzatziki Potato Salad
- Glorious Ham Salad
- Sweet Tomatoes Joan’s Broccoli Madness Salad
Pea Salad with Bacon
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 24 ounces peas frozen
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup American cheese diced
- 1/2 cup bacon cooked and diced
- In a large bowl combine mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Stir well. Add to the seasoned mayonnaise, frozen peas, red onion, cheese, and bacon. Stir to combine. Let rest in your refrigerator in an air tight container for 2 hours before serving. This is best when left overnight before being served.