Smashburger Truffle Mushroom Swiss Burger is an amazing cheeseburger that you just have to try, The truffle mayonnaise takes a traditional mushroom Swiss burger over the top.
Flavorful and Juicy Smashed Burger
Smashburger makes an amazing flavorful hamburger. They use fresh meat and season it simply and they actually smash it onto the grill.
By smashing the burger onto the grill, the meat develops wonderful browning and the juices are seared on the inside. Their burgers are juicy, so hands down they make one of the best burgers you can get in a restaurant.
Here’s a list of what you need:
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
- Seasoned salt
- Truffle oil
- White onions
- Cremini mushrooms
- Ground beef chuck
- Swiss cheese slices
- Hamburger buns (use egg buns if available)
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Let’s walk through some of the ingredients in this incredible burger.
You will need to use ground chuck because you want beef that has a fair amount of fat in it. I like to use ground chuck as it is about 20% fat. The fat makes the beef juicy. If you use ground round, you just aren’t going to get the same result. Any more fat and the beef flavor won’t come through.
This burger is a truffle mushroom swiss. You will need to use truffle oil to flavor up your mayonnaise.
Most grocery stores sell inexpensive truffle oil. You can also purchase truffle oil online. Since we are mixing it with mayonnaise I would not spend a lot of money on it.
Finally, we will use an egg bun. If they are not available at your grocery store, you can use brioche or potato buns.
How to Make Mushroom Swiss Burger with Truffle Mayo
- Combine salt, pepper, and seasoning salt to make a seasoning mix for the burgers and mushrooms and onions.
- Prepare the truffle mayonnaise by mixing together mayo and truffle oil.
- Cook the mushrooms and onions in butter until they are softened and slightly browned. Season them while they are cooking.
- Divide the ground beef into 8 equal portions and use your hands to press them into balls.
- Cook the beef balls by smashing them into a hot skillet and seasoning them while cooking.
- Flip over the burger patties in the skillet, season them again, and top them with Swiss cheese.
- Spread truffle mayonnaise on top and bottom buns.
- Build the burger by placing a burger with cheese on the bottom bun, then mushrooms and onions, another burger with cheese, more mushrooms and onions, and finally the top bun.
How to Make Smashed Burgers
To smash the burgers onto the grill or skillet you may want to wrap a large can or brick with foil or use another skillet to smash the burger into the grill.
You can also use two spatulas and really press the meat onto the grill.
I like to cook these burgers in a cast iron skillet. Iron skillets are ideal for browning meat, as they conduct heat very well.
These burgers will cook rapidly. They will cook in just about 2 or 3 minutes.
I know you are going to love this burger as much as I do. You only need a few key ingredients to make one of the best hamburgers at home.
More Smashburger Copycat Recipes
Love burgers? Try these recipes!
- Backyard Burger
- Big Mac
- Culver’s Butter Burgers
- Double Cheeseburger
- Patty Melt
- Quarter Pounder
- Quesadilla Burger
- Steak and Shake Garlic Burger
- Stuffed Burgers
Smashburger Truffle Mushroom Swiss Burger
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Grilled Mushrooms and Onions
- 1 cup sliced white onions
- 2 cups sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 pounds ground chuck
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- 4 hamburger buns (use egg buns if available)
- Prepare the burger seasoning by combining the kosher salt, black pepper, and the seasoned salt in a small container. You will use the burger seasoning for both the burgers and the mushrooms and onions.
- Prepare the truffle mayonnaise by combining the truffle oil and mayonnaise in a small container and set aside. You will have some left over. You may want to dip your fries in the extra mayonnaise.
- Divide the ground meat into 8 equal portions of beef. Press the beef into round balls.
- Prepare the mushrooms and onions by heating up the skillet to medium-high. Add butter, when the butter has melted sear the mushrooms and onions. Season the mushrooms and onions with a pinch or two of the burger seasoning. Cook the mushrooms and onions by flipping occasionally and when they have begun to brown remove from the pan and set aside.
- Do not wipe out the skillet. Place 3 or 4 balls of beef (depends on the size of your skillet), and smash the burger into the hot skillet. You can mash with a wrapped large can, or two spatulas (press one over the other one). When the burger patty is flattened, season liberally with burger seasoning. The burger will hiss and sizzle while cooking, after about a minute or so you will want to flip over the burger patty. Top the patty with some additional seasoning and then the swiss cheese, cook for another 30 seconds or so and you will need to remove the patty from the grill.
- Build the burger by spreading truffle mayonnaise onto both the top and bottom buns. Add the burger with cheese, then some of the mushrooms and onions, then the other burger with cheese, and top that with additional mushrooms and onions. Add the top bun.