Do you love a good hamburger? I know I love a great burger. Culvers Butter Burgers are one of my favorite hamburgers from a fast food place. Some people think they put butter in the meat, let me help you out in recreating this fantastic hamburger.
Do you love a good hamburger? I know I do. A Culver’s Butter Burger is one of my favorite hamburgers from one of my favorite fast food places. Everything is made fresh and made to order. Some people believe they put butter in the meat, but let me help you out by recreating this fantastic hamburger.
I Love Culver’s
If you have never been to a Culver’s and there is one in your area, you must go – it’s that simple. Freshly made burgers and more – did I mention the fried cheese curds and their frozen custard? They are delicious. Actually, I haven’t ordered anything on their menu that I have disliked. You can’t beat food when it’s made fresh.
What Makes a Butter Burger?
Culver’s is known for their Butter Burgers. Some people think they put butter in the meat to make the burger taste so good. While that would make a hamburger patty taste great, that isn’t quite how they do it. A hot grill and fresh, never frozen meat that is seared quickly is the key. Where does the butter come in? You spread a little butter on the buns and toast them. This makes the toasted buns delicious!
I also have a secret I use to help sear the flavors into the meat. I take a meat patty, then I smash it out on the grill (you can use a skillet). Then I take a large soup can I have wrapped with aluminum foil to really help smash the burger patty down on to the grill. A quick sear on both sides and you are done. Just check out my video to see how to do it.
Love a Great Burger? I have more ideas for you! Try these copykat burger recipes.
Culver’s Butter Burgers
You can make butter burgers at home. The secret is the butter on the bun. Top with your favorite burger toppings, and you have a homemade delicious butter burger just like Culver’s
Love a great burger? I have more ideas for you!
- Your Best Backyard Burger Ever
- Pizza Burgers
- How to Make Stuffed Burgers
- Smashburger Buffalo & Blue Cheese
- Smashburger Truffle Mushroom Swiss
- 21 Club Hamburger
- Steak and Shake Garlic Double Steakburger
- Burger King Whopper
- McDonald’s Hamburger
- McDonald’s Big Mac
- White Castle Hamburgers
- Jack in the Box Mini Sirloin Burgers
- Tartar Burgers
Culvers Butter Burgers
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 slices onion
- 8 - 12 dill pickles
- 8 tomato slices
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place butter in the skillet and swirl it around. Lay hamburger buns down in the melted butter. Allow the buns to toast for about 60 seconds. Remove buns from skillet.
- Form 4 patties and lay in the skillet. Take your spatula and press down on the hamburger patties. Take a large soup can that has been wrapped in aluminum foil and press each meat patty down on to the skillet. In about 2 minutes, the burger patty will have cooked on one side, so flip it over and do the same for the other side. In about 60 seconds the other side will be cooked. Season patties with salt and pepper.
- If you want to make cheeseburgers, add cheese when you flip the burger over to the other side. Remove meat patties and place on the bun. Add desired toppings to your burger and enjoy.