If you are looking to up your burger game, this burger recipe is at the top of my list. Culvers Butter Burgers have so much flavor but you won’t believe what the secret to making this burger is. Some people think they put butter in the meat. Let me help you out in recreating this fantastic hamburger.
Why this Recipe Works
If you have never been to a Culver’s and there is one in your area, you must go – it’s that simple. Freshly made burgers and more – did I mention the fried cheese curds and their frozen custard? They are delicious.
Actually, I haven’t ordered anything on their menu that I have disliked. You can’t beat food when it’s made fresh. Scroll down to see my video on how to makes Culvers Butter Burgers.
What Makes a Butter Burger?
Culver’s is known for its Butter Burgers. Some people think they put butter in the meat to make the burger taste so good. While that would make a hamburger patty taste great, that isn’t quite how they make their burger recipe.
A hot grill and fresh, never frozen meat that is seared quickly is the key. Where does the butter come in? You spread a little butter on the buns and toast them. This makes the toasted buns delicious!
What you need to make a Culvers Butter Burger:
- Hamburger Buns
- Ground Chuck
- American Cheese
- Dill pickles
- Salt & Pepper
The key to this burger recipe is in the bun. Put the butter in a skillet and place the hamburger buns face down in the skillet to let the butter soak into the buns!
I also have a secret I use to help sear the flavors into the meat. I take a meat patty, then I smash it out on the grill (you can use a skillet).
Then I take a large soup can I have wrapped with aluminum foil to really help smash the burger patty down on to the grill. A quick sear on both sides and you are done. Just check out my video to see how to do it.
Love a great burger? Try these copycat burger recipes!
- Backyard Burger
- Pizza Burgers
- Stuffed Burger
- Smashburger Buffalo Blue Cheese Burger
- Swiss Mushroom Burger
- 21 Club Burgers
- Steak and Shake Burger
- McDonald’s Hamburgers
- McDonald’s Big Macs
- Homemade White Castle
- Jack in the Box Sliders
- Tartar Burger
Did you make and love this recipe? Give your review below! And make sure to share your creations by tagging me on Instagram.
Culvers Butter Burgers
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 slices onion
- 8 - 12 dill pickles
- 8 tomato slices
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place butter in the skillet and swirl it around. Lay hamburger buns down in the melted butter. Allow the buns to toast for about 60 seconds. Remove buns from skillet.
- Form 4 patties and lay in the skillet. Take your spatula and press down on the hamburger patties. Take a large soup can that has been wrapped in aluminum foil and press each meat patty down on to the skillet. In about 2 minutes, the burger patty will have cooked on one side, so flip it over and do the same for the other side. In about 60 seconds the other side will be cooked. Season patties with salt and pepper.
- If you want to make cheeseburgers, add cheese when you flip the burger over to the other side. Remove meat patties and place on the bun. Add desired toppings to your burger and enjoy.