Nothing tastes as good as a good a 21 club hamburger, this recipe is especially good with the added chicken broth, celery and additional spices. These will please everyone.
Be sure to check out the 21 Club Rice Pudding
21 Club Hamburger
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds ground top sirloin
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 hamburger buns
- Combine celery and chicken broth in a small saucepan over very low heat; poach the celery for 20 minutes. Drain and cool. Combine celery with remaining ingredients except the butter, mixing well with your hands. Gently shape into 4 large patties, being careful not to compact the meat any more than necessary. Heat the butter in a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat until the butter is amber in color. Brown the burgers 6 minutes on each side, then place the skillet in a preheated 350F oven for 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare, a few additional minutes for better done.